5

I opened the door to the room which was assigned to me by Kenji

I opened the door to the room which was assigned to me by Kenji. My jaw dropped as I saw the room. A huge bed, a walk in closet, wardrobe and a beautiful balcony. This room looks like something I couldn't even imagine in my dreams. It looked excellent. Are they really letting me live in here for free? Just for working as a maid here? For real?

I went inside and saw the washroom. It was bigger than my actual room in my own house. Damn, how rich can you be bro. The bathroom had clean white tiles and a big bathtub, a shower and two sinks. There were different towels present and too many deodorants and other body fragrances.

My face was already red as I couldn't comprehend all this. Do I even deserve all this? Such a huge house to live in, a beautiful room and the job of a maid with a salary of 10K dollars, and the salary is negotiable and will increase in the future. I think God is finally on my side.

I got out of the washroom and saw almost fifty missed calls from the cafe. Oh no, I am late again. My fingers were dancing on my contacts, thinking if I should call back or do it later. To be honest, I was scared. Yes, I'll admit it. I've been constantly bullied in the cafe, sometimes coffee thrown on me on purpose, sometimes me being locked in the store room.

I heard a gentle knock on the door. Walking towards it, I opened it nervously. Who could it be at this time? I opened the door and saw Kenji, smiling at me. "If you don't mind, may I come in?" He asked, politely. Who can even say a no to you, come on.

I smiled back politely and opened the door completely. He walked in and looked around "Is this room comfortable enough? If it's not,you can tell me and we'll shift" I shook my head "No, ofcourse not. This room is beyond my imaginations. It's perfect"
Kenji nodded "If you've any problems regarding to the room or anything, come to me, I'll try my best to help"

My phone buzzed. I bowed apologetically "I'm sorry" and then I looked at the phone. "For how long are you planning to be so careless! I'll make sure you are kicked out this time!" I gulped. All the bullying and everything coming to my mind. My hands shivered. Even though I've found this new job but I was still scared to give them a rude response.

Kenji seemed to notice my distress. He frowned "Can I see?" He asked. I sighed and gave him my phone. His eyes narrowed at the text and I could see his jaw tighten "Who exactly is this? Your boss?" I shook my head "Just a coworker"

Kenji glared me "And you let them talk to you in this way? What authority do they even have on you?" I sighed "I...I am often late by a ten or fifteen minutes..my house is little far from the cafe, that's why... That's why they are pissed and it's okay, their anger is valid.."

Kenji clicked his tongue and dialed the number without even asking me. I just placed my hands on my mouth. Oh no..

OTP:-

"Where the fuck-"

"Do you not have any manners? Do you not know how to speak to other people?" Kenji replied.

"And who exactly are you?? Trying to be her saviour"

Kenji simply chuckled "She is not returning to the cafe again. Take that as a resign and yeah..say Kenji Takahashi said a hi to your boss and ask her to contact me"

"K-kenji.. Takahashi..."

Somebody grabbed the phone on the other side

"We are so sorry on her behalf sir! But can you prove you are Mr Kenji Takahashi"

Kenji chuckled "This is my managers number, give it to your boss and ask her to contact me, I need to discuss something with her" he gave them his manager's number and then ended the call.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Kenji sighed softly looking at y/n "Don't allow anybody to speak with you like that. You understand me?" He said as he softly placed his hand on her cheek "By the expressions on your face, I can say you've suffered enough in that cafe and I'll make sure it never happens again..."

Y/n blushed as she licked her lips, looking on the floor "I've...been through alot...but it's God's plan..whatever he has thought for me must be the best for me...so I don't complain..."

Kenji placed his finger under her chin and made her look directly into his eyes "When you speak to me y/n...look into my eyes...not here and there.." He tilted his head "And has anybody told you before that your eyes are majestic..?" Y/n just blushed "You are very pretty and I cant imagine a beauty like you being exploited by such cafe or other working places..."

He placed his forehead on hers "I hope we form a deeper connection...a deeper friendship in future...and not just remain like a boss and a worker.." and then Kenji moved away from her. She had tears in her eyes "Nobody has ever spoken to me so nicely... Thankyou..Kenji.."

Kenji smiled "It's okay, you won't need the other people from now onwards, you'll be living here for the most of your time and I'll make sure nobody disrespects you..rest for now, I need to do something"

Y/N smiled and nodded "I'll try to work in the best way possible from tomorrow onwards. Thankyou for choosing me" Kenji just flicked her forehead and walked out.

-

I lie on my bed as I thought about what just happened. He helped me. I will never forget this. I was so scared to answer myself but he did it. I don't know why he wanted to speak to the boss but it's none of my business, I am just thankful that he helped me.

My face felt hot as I remembered everything he said and every gesture he made. Why does he like coming so close to me? Or is he this friendly and close with everybody else? But whatever it is, he is my boss and I am just a worker to him. I shouldn't take all this to my heart and I shouldn't misinterpret his gestures as something else, he just wanted to make me stress-free earlier, nothing less, nothing more.

-

Kenji's POV

"Yes?" I picked up the call, on my manager's phone "Is this Mr Kenji Takahashi?" Somebody asked from the other side, a female voice.

"Yes and who could you be?" I asked. "I am the owner of the milkyway cafe, where y/n worked. My workers said you wanted to speak to me Sir, what is it?"

My eyes lit up. I'll make them regret everything they did to you y/n.

 I'll make them regret everything they did to you y/n

TBC <33

Please don't forget to vote and comment. And I am sorry for updating a little late! I was just busy with something<33

Ily, take care everybody!!