Chapter 5

*DIALOGUE IN BOLD IS IN ASL*

After dropping Maria off at her apartment I had all day to prepare for the hit I was hired for

After dropping Maria off at her apartment I had all day to prepare for the hit I was hired for. It was a basic one, some dude wanted another dude dead. Yet, wasn't manly enough to do it himself so he hired someone to do it for him. It should go quite easily and shouldn't take up more than an hour or two once I'm there. 

I make my way to my truck, having already prepared all the needed equipment and accessories I would be needing, and loaded it all up into my truck.

I had just gotten out of the driveway when a text came through from Maria. I read it through flicking my eyes between the text on my phone and the road in front of me.

Maria H.

I think I left my
charger in your truck.
Is there a time I can
come by and get it?

Me
I'll bring It to you,
Maria. Just send me
the address?

She sent me her address and I let her now I'll be there around midnight, informing her I had something to do before hand. I then continue my drive to the club where I was to meet up with whoever hired me. It didn't take too long before I arrived, I quickly got out and made my way in, quickly bringing my mask up from around my neck to rest it on my face, and making sure to leave my phone in my truck.

"Well, who do we have here." The security guard asks me as I walk up, clearly suspicious because of my mask.

"No one of importance. I'm here to see Mr. Daxtly." I inform him, and watch as his face slightly drops.

"Follow me." He says, before speaking into his walkie for another guard to watch his post while he's gone.

He walks me to the way back, into an office like setting. Papers neatly set on desks. Guns littering any open space not taken up by money or small bags of white powder, easily recognizable as drugs.

"Just through there." He informs me, pointing to a door to the left of me.

I make my way to the door, looking over my shoulder to make sure the guard had left, before I raise my hand to knock. The door quickly opens to a shorter man, who is obviously carrying.

"I'm here to see Mr. Daxtly." I inform and he lets me in.

"Ah, Miss Stone, wonderful to see you." He greets, holding his hand up to shake mine, yet I don't shake his hand.

"Who am I killing?" I ask, already tired of the talking I've had to do so far.

"Right, here is a file on who I want dead by the end of the night." Mr. Daxtly tells me, handing me a file.

I quickly open it, looking through the basic information, his name, age, height, and a picture. "May I ask why you hired me?" I ask, wondering why he wanted this man dead.

"He took some of my money." The man quickly says, still sour on the loss of money on his part. "He's still in the club, get it over with. And use this." He continues handing me a small knife.

"I have my own weapons, in my car. I'll be using those. I'm guessing you prefer knifes for this occasion." I say, less of a question but he still answers.

"Yes, knifes. Go get your gear quickly, I want this over with."

I quickly get my gear, not forgetting to use knifes for this, and make my way back. The guard from before sending a nod my way as I walk past. Knowing who it is I'm killing I make my way to closer to the music. Opening the last door between me and the club area, I'm hit with loud music and the smell of sweet.

"Alcohol, money, and weapons. Yes, what could go wrong?" I mutter under my breath, as I make my way throughout the dance floor looking for my target.

Realizing that I don't fit in with my mask, I take it off and put it in my left back pocket. I quickly find him, drink in hand sitting with girls in very little clothing falling over him. I make note of the three men in all black suits next standing near him. Most likely he has some guards of some sort.

I walk around the seating area, making my way behind him. Hoping to quickly kill him, and then deal with any guards that then want to kill me. I squeeze past the people either laughing or falling over drunk and end up directly behind my hit. Some guards he has.

I reach up and very easily slit his throat, watch as he bleeds out all over his suit, dropping his drink. The girls that were fawning over him running away screaming, which alerted his 'guards'. Before I could turn, I feel a searing pain in my right shoulder making me drop the knife I had used to kill my target.

I quickly turn and yank the knife out of my arm, throwing it at a guards neck who was making his way towards me. I run forward and tackle the guard who had stabbed me, to the ground. Seeing through a glass table I reach up and grab a bottle of beer. The guard beneath me reaches up to punch me, but I quickly stab my thumb into his eye, stopping his movements. Hitting the bottom of the beer bottle on the leg of the table, breaking the bottom off, I stab the guard, I was still on top of, in the neck.

Standing up, and stepping off the guard, I'm tackled from behind. Knocking a table down with us, we land on the floor with the last guard on top of me. Glancing over I see a champagne bottle and I reach to grab it, as swift punch lands on my face. I groan as I grip the bottle, bringing it up and hitting the guard over the head. The guard falls off of me and lands next to me on the ground. I groan once more as I stand. I look down at the man lying on the nasty floor, and send a quick kick to his face.

Looking around I see there is no one else I need to take care of, I make my way back to my, now dead, target and grab my knife that had fallen in his lap, from when I was stabbed. I then grab my mask from my pocket and put it on again. Then I walk back through the many doors, making my way back to the office area.

"He's dead. As well as his three guards." I inform Mr. Daxtly.

"Looks like you took a beating." He states. "You'll have your money by sun up."

"If I don't get that money, I'll come back for you." I warn him, making sure I get that money.

"You'll get it." He says again, almost too quick.

I nod and make my way back to my truck. I put my gear back, knowing I'll need to clean it all when I get back, and get in the driver seat, while checking my watch. Took a total of 86 minutes. As I buckle I catch a glimpse of a white cord on the front seat floorboard. Knowing that is Maria's charger I pick it up and put it on the seat. Sighing I set off to her apartment.