Sam shook his head. "I don't think so." 

"Like a mark on her hand." Dean tapped the spot just below his thumb. "Almost like a brand."

"My brother had the same thing. He never had it when he was alive. It was some weird symbol." I added.

"I saw a mark too, on Henricksen." Sam stated.

"What did it look like?" Bobby asked.

"Paper?" Sam grabbed a pen and paper from the desk. He drew a symbol and held it up.

"That's it." Dean nodded his head.

"Yeah, that's what I saw." I added.

Sam handed Bobby the paper.

"I may have seen this before." Bobby moved across the room to grab a book from the shelf. A noise echoed through the house. "We gotta move."

"Where?" Sam asked as Bobby handed him two books. "Where are we going?"

"Someplace safe, you idjit." Bobby said.

____

We followed Bobby into his basement like all the smart people do in horror movies just like this.

He led us to the back wall of the basement where a large metal door was. He pulled it open, revealing a room. Two desks, a filing cabinet, and a cot sat against the curved walls. A vent was on the ceiling, letting in light and air. A grate was there though, in the shape of a devils trap.

Symbols were etched into the floor as another cot was against the wall. Another shelf was full of boxes of food. Another wall was covered in weapons. A radio sat on one desk.

Dean set Evie down on the cot.

Bobby shut the door behind us all.

"Bobby, is this--" Sam began, brushing his fingers over the wall.

"Solid iron." Bobby nodded his head. "Completely coated in salt. One hundred percent ghost proof."

"You built a panic room?"

"I had a weekend off." Bobby shrugged.

"Bobby?" Dean spoke up, picking a gun off the wall.

"Yeah?"

Dean smiled. "You're awesome."

"This is really cool." I mused, smiling a little.

"Oh."

I followed Dean's gaze to see a poster on the wall of a woman in a bathing suit on the beach.

I sighed.

____

Sam, Dean and I sat at a desk, making rock salt bullets as Bobby sat at the other, skimming through books. Evie was napping, leaving us all in silence.

Until...

"See, this is why I can't get behind God." Dean said.

"Because you know how to make bullets?" I asked slowly.

"What are you talking about?" Sam asked.

"If he doesn't exist, fine." Dean shrugged. "Bad crap happens to good people. That's how it is. And no rhyme or reason, just random, horrible evil. I get it. Okay? I can roll with that. But if he is out there, what is wrong with him? Where the hell is he when all the good people are getting torn to shreds? How does he live with himself? Why doesn't he help?"

Everyone's eyes turned to Bobby.

"I ain't touching this one with a ten foot pole." Bobby shrugged. "Found it?"

"The meaning of life or the answer as to why Dean's so pessimistic?" I asked jokingly.

Dean lightly pinched my thigh.

"The symbol you saw? The brand on the ghost." Bobby began. "Mark of the Witness."

"Witness?" Sam repeated. "Witness to what?"

"The unnatural." Bobby stated. "None of 'em died what you'd call ordinary deaths. See, these ghosts, they were forced to rise. They woke up in agony. They're like rabid dogs. It ain't their fault. Someone rose them on purpose."

"Who?"

"Do I look like I know?" Bobby quipped. "But whoever it was used a spell so powerful it left a mark. A brand on their souls." he stated as Sam stood and walked over. "Whoever did this had big plans. Its called the Rising of the Witnesses. It figures in one ancient prophesy."

"Wait, wait." Dean stood, walking over. "What book is that prophesy from?"

"Well, the widely distributed version's just for tourists, you know." Bobby said. "But long story short: Revelations. This is a sign."

"A sign of what?" Sam, Dean and I asked in unison.

Bobby leaned back in his chair. "The apocalypse."

A/N: Dun-Dun-Duh. *creepy music 🎶🎵*