"Wow, the Ice Prince is a cricketer?" He remarked with genuine intrigue.

I raised an eyebrow, surprised by his ignorance. "You didn't know?"

"Nah, I'm not really into sports," he confessed with a sly grin. "The only game I play is the mind manipulation game, and the only field I know is the realm of roleplay." His words were laced with a hint of dark humor, accompanied by a knowing wink that sent a chill down my spine.

"Can't you just be normal for once?" I asked, exasperated.

"Nah, shortcake. That's not who I am," he replied with a smirk. "If I'm not speaking my mind, then I'm not being true to myself. I won't settle for less."

"Fine, keep blabbering then," I muttered, turning my attention back to the match with a shake of my head.

I found myself completely engrossed in the match as Kabir and his opening partner Yashasvi hit shot after shot, leaving the Australian team in a tangle with their bowling strategies. A few overs after the powerplay ended, Kabir reached his half-century, raising his bat in acknowledgment with a modest smile before resuming his play.

"Congratulations," I murmured softly to myself.

"Aww, looks like the Ice Prince has a secret admirer," Aditya chimed in from the corner. "So, you do have a soft spot for him after all, shortcake?"

"As I've said before, it's none of your business, Aditya," I replied firmly.

"Would it kill you to admit that you like him or something?" He pressed, his tone teasing but curious.

I groaned at his persistence. "Maybe it would, but I don't see myself dropping dead over a crush anytime soon."

He leaned back, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "You know, denying it only makes it more obvious."

I rolled my eyes. "Believe what you want, idiot. My feelings, or lack thereof, for Kabir are my own." I turned my attention back to the match, a small smile tugging at the corners of my lips as Kabir continued to impress on the field.

"I'm just curious," He mused, his voice carrying a dreamy undertone. "Since you don't seem too into the Ice Prince, can I make a move on him? I mean, having a boyfriend like him—cold, silent, and totally dominating—would be a dream. I'd let him do anything, you know?"

I shot him a warning glance. "Hands off, or I'll make sure they're off permanently. He's taken, so keep your distance like a good boy." Without looking away from the television, I continued, "And who says he's not already under someone's spell? Maybe he's just waiting for the right moment to reveal his submissive side."

"Hmm, why so confident, shortcake? Any juicy secrets you're hiding?" Aditya teased, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

I maintained my composure. "You ain't getting anything with your questions, Aditya. Save your energy."

He chuckled. "Fine, be that way. No fun at all."

As the banter continued, I failed to notice Kabir's dismissal on the field and missed his final score as he walked back to the dugout. Annoyed, I clicked my tongue. "You made me miss his wicket."

Aditya shrugged, a sly smile tugging at his lips. "Well, if you were paying better attention to him, you wouldn't have missed it. Your distraction, not my fault."

"Okay, time for you to leave," I declared, my patience wearing thin. "You came to check on me, and we're done here."

He pouted theatrically. "But I was just getting started."

"Well, I'm not having fun," I retorted.

"Geez, fine," He huffed, rising from his seat. "Kids these days, so demanding. Can't even respect their elders."

"You're not older than me," I remarked, trying to hide my annoyance.

He let out a boisterous laugh, his eyes gleaming with mischief. "Oh, but age is just a number, dear shortcake! In the grand scheme of the universe, who's to say what age we truly are? I could be a millennia old trapped in this youthful facade. As for experience, well, let's just say I've seen things that would make your hair stand on end. And murders? Oh, you wouldn't believe the stories I could tell. But don't worry, I won't spill any secrets. After all, we wouldn't want the police sniffing around, would we? Prisons are so dreadfully dull, not at all conducive to my lively nature."

"Just get lost, for God's sake," I spat, frustration seeping through every word.

As he made his way to the door, he turned back with a twisted grin. "Until next time, shortcake. Pass on my regards to the Ice Prince." And with that parting shot, he left quietly, leaving a lingering sense of unease in the room.