Chapter 6 - Bandages of Love

Start from the beginning

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

After a few seconds of waiting the door opened to my favorite energetic dog. "Eh? Who are you?" the dog spoke, "Huh? Oh! I'm so sorry. I'm Catnap, it's nice to meet you." I responded nervously. 'For a second I thought that was Dogday. That could've been bad. Who is this guy? Her dad?' "What are you here for kid?" the dog spoke again, "I was going to the mall with Dogday." "The mall? Hmmm... ok. DOGDAY! YOUR BOYFRIEND IS HERE!" The dog shouted. "DAD!" Dogday yelled as she rushed down the stairs. "YOU'RE SO ANNOYING! LEAVE US ALONE." Dogday said as she pushed her dad out of the way and closed the door behind her. "I'm so sorry for my dad he's so annoying. You ready to go?" Dogday asked, I just nodded my head and started walking to the car.

Dogday jumped in and we started going to the mall. During the drive I noticed she kept staring at me for some reason, such a weird dog. After a few minutes we finally got to the mall and we both got out. I didn't realize it at first but Dogday was wearing an amazing dress, and the wind blew on her hair which made her look like a model. "You like what you see?" Dogday teased, I instantly looked away in embarrassment. "Haha I was just joking." Dogday giggled. 'Of course she's joking why would I think otherwise? It's just a joke Catnap' I kept telling myself as we walked into the mall.

"Woah." I said shocked at the size of the mall, "Yeah I know right? So much space to play!" Dogday said enthusiastically. I looked around while following her and saw a bunch of places like a shoe store, clothing, jewelry, café, and other places. There were so many people here though, it was packed. "Woahhh, Catnap look!" Dogday said as she tugged my arm. She was pointing at the camera that showed us what we looked like so we knew that they were recording us. I laughed as Dogday tried to jump up to the camera but failed to even get 3 inches up. "Woah!" Dogday was startled by me picking her up, "Say cheese." I said while holding her up to the camera. "Cheeseeeee!" she said as she smiled.

After that we went shopping for some clothes, we looked at pants and shoes that looked cool. "Wow this one looks nice, Catnap look they even have it in red!" she said as she showed me a dark red long sleeve shirt that had a band on the back. "I know I have eyes too you know." I said sarcastically, "Awww man it's too expensive though." Dogday said with a frown. 'I feel bad now... Damit.' "Hey look that place looks yummy, why don't you go in there and save a spot for me in line? I'm going to go to the bathroom." I said while grabbing the shirt out of her hands and putting it back on the rack. "Mmmmm food..." Dogday said while her stomach growled.

(Time skip 9 minutes to when they are in the café) 

"Hey Catnap over here!" Dogday yelled while smiling and waving to get my attention. "Hey I'm back, you would not believe how long the lines were at the bathroom." I said. "Hungry... Food... me..." Dogday spoke like a starving human. "Ok ok let's get something to eat." I said while giggling, 'She's so goofy some times it's so... admirable? No that's not the word I'm looking for.' " What do you wana eat?" I asked Dogday while pointing at the menu. "THESE ALL LOOK SO YUMMY!" Dogday said while pressing her face up to the glass display, "Let's try to eat the food and not the glass." I said while pulling her face away from the glass.

'I can't argue though these do look good. Hmmmmm... I think that one would taste the best. "Which one do you want Dogday?" I asked, "Hmmmm... that one!" Dogday said while pointing to one of the ice creams in the display. "Ok so that will be a peanut butter ice scream and what about you sir?" The cashier asked. "I'll take the vanilla ice cream." I responded. "Of course, go over here and we will bring your order out in a few minutes." The cashier said while writing down the order. We went to a table nearby and took a seat, after a few minutes of silence Dogday spoke. "Catnap?" Dogday asked. "Yeah?" I responded confused, "Do you ever think of being with someone else?" Dogday asked nervously. "I- uh..." I stuttered a little, 'Truth is I don't want to be in one, I think the idea of a "lover" is stupid and soft. Plus, everyone is annoying and they won't even talk to me so why does it matter? But if it was with her though... maybe it wouldn't be so bad, but I can't tell her that!? I can't... right? Something tells me I should though.'"Dogday I think that anyone else would be a no, but if it was with y-"

DING "Order 42 is ready for pickup!"

"I'll get it." I said while getting up to go grab the ice creams, 'Phew... that was a close one, I can't let her know. I can't let anyone know, I have to be strong.' "Here you go." I said while passing her the ice cream. "FOOD! YES! THANK YOU!" Dogday yelled in excitement as she looked at the ice cream with stars in her eyes and her mouth drooling. I laughed as I licked my ice cream, Dogday continued to lick the ice cream and she looked so relaxed. "How does it taste?" I asked while resting my head on my arm while still eating the ice cream, "It's like a peanut butter heaven." Dogday said with tears in her eyes. "What about yours?" Dogday asked, "It's pretty good but I'm curious about something." I responded. "Huh? What is it?" Dogday asked confused. Ok I'll tell you, come closer." "Yeah?" "Closer..." Dogday and I were face to face almost kissing.

slurp

I licked Dogday, "WHAAA!" Dogday's face turned red, "Hmmm... same flavor." I said. 'Hm I guess they both do taste like vanilla... interesting.' I thought as I kept eating my ice cream clueless as to what I just did. "W-W... uh... What was that for??" Dogday stuttered her question still covering her face, "Don't worry about it. Anyways here I thought now that you are fed I could give you this." I said while passing her a bag. "What's in it?" Dogday asked, "Well you have to open it to find out." I responded. Dogday opened the bag and took out the red shirt that she was looking at before. "OH MY GOD. THANK YOU CATNAP!" Dogday yelled as she jumped up from her seat and hugged me. "Ow..." I muffled from below her, "OOPS- SORRY!" Dogday said as she got off of me.

"I hope you like it." I said, "Like it? No, I LOVE IT!" Dogday said while putting the shirt on. "Well, how do I look?" Dogday asked while spinning around. 'She looks... respectable? No that's not the word either. What does she look like? It's like a weird feeling? But it's a nice feeling. She looks...'

"Cute."

2622 Words

________________________________________________________________________________

HELLO EVERYONEEEEEEEE IM BACKKKKK

Ik this chapter took a long time to publish and I'm so sorry, I was a little busy with some stuff so I had to slow it a little. I know this chapter wasn't worth it but im trying to make up for all the time i lost😭

anyways here u guys go and thank you everyone who voted for the name. It has been decided by you guys that catnap's aunt name will be Lunar! This will be important later on so dont worry about it rn.

ALSO THANK U GUYS SO MUCH FOR 1.9K!!! AFTER THIS CHAPTER IT'LL PROBABLY BE 2k SO THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT!!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥

anyways u alr know what time it is (1:02 AM 😔)

bye byes