Part 15. In The Night

Start from the beginning

"N-no one's.. ever said that.. to me." I sniffled with a croaked voice. The feeling of his lips planting atop my head was next and I relaxed my tense muscles slightly.

"Have you ever given anyone the chance to?" He nearly whispered and we were suddenly having a soft, heart-to-heart moment.
I hiccuped and sniffled before shaking my head in disapproval. He chortled slightly.

"I guess burying your face in studying really strayed some people away, huh?" I could practically smell his smirk and I lightly hit his stomach with the side of my arm, making him laugh shortly. A small smile appeared on my lips.

"If people just knew who you were, Lix, you could have anyone at your feet and say everything you want to hear." He lowly said, a warm feeling spreading throughout my chest.

Feeling slightly less weak, I lifted my head from his chest and slowly looked up to him to that stupid smile plastered over his face. He looked at me with eyes I've never seen before.

"Do you really think so?" I was shy to ask, the feeling of his arms around me only made me feel an excitement kind of nervous.
His smile grew before he leaned in to press a kiss against my forehead. I accepted it graciously. I just wanted to feel loved.

"I know it. Anyone would be lucky to have you in their lives."

I could only grin just slightly when he looked at me the way he did. His face was so close to mine and I realized how many times we'd been stuck in this perspective. After everything horrible that happened this day, I couldn't remember or think of any of them. It was just Hyunjin, sitting against me with the face only an angel could wear. A fallen angel.

It was obvious the magnetic force that pulled both of us together, how strong it was and how we both tried our hardest to resist it. And I nearly lost it when his eyes travelled down to my quivered lips and back up to my own.
'Eyes are the window to the soul', they like to say. This moment made that apparent— I couldn't see an ounce of falsity in his expression, nothing that said this wasn't real. It was just us, exchanging emotion, just like he said.

Just like per usual, I found something to distract myself from simply kissing this man and realized the state my face must have been in: dried tears, wet lashes, puffy and glossy eyes, reddened nose that likely produced snot to combine with my tears, my hair that was a blonde birds nest from all the tugging I'd done— embarrassing. My face heated up as I spoke to ruin the moment again.

"Um.. I uh- I probably look like a complete wreck right now." I tried to play off with a chuckle and wiped the remaining tear streams off my cheeks.

"What?" He was confused and furrowed his brows, making me feel slightly guilty.

"I mean, can't you tell? Nothing like the mess you appear as after cryi—" I tried to banter before I heard a giggle emit from the Raven-head and the feeling of his hand on my chin. Before I could think, my face was lifted and brought to his, my lips landing on Hyunjin's, finally.

I had never felt anything like it. Nothing had ever felt so right, so calm— so beautiful. Everything Hyunjin did was beautiful.
His lips were soft and plush-like, as if kissing a cloud. And they felt as if they perfectly fit with mine. Even if it took me a millisecond to process that I was kissing Hyunjin, his confidence remained when I pressed my lips on his in response and grasped his shirt, a soft sigh escaping my lips.
Without hesitation, we pulled back just merely before continuing with another long, soft but passionate kiss. One that secured the promise of 'I will protect you.'