Prologue

The time is 5:30 AM, September 14th aka, first day of junior year.

My alarm goes off, and I lazily sit up straight in my bed. "Junior year better be my year" I say tiredly.

I finally get up after staring at the ceiling for 10 minutes, I turn on my shower, and go back to my room to pick out an outfit. "I literally have nothing to wear" I say annoyed.
5 minutes later I pick out a ribbon tie front cardigan in a light beige, a beige skirt that wasn't too short or too long, white thigh high socks with lace detailing on the hem, and mid-height mary jane heels in white.

I groan and rub my eyes and yawn as I walk towards my bathroom and hop in the shower, about 30 minutes later I get out of the shower and get dressed.

I sit on my white chair and turn on my vanity lights and begin to do my skincare, afterwords I put on simple makeup. I then get up and walk towards my full body mirror and stare at myself as I envision what to do with my long jet black curly hair.

. "What am I supposed to do with my ha-?" I say to myself, suddenly cut off by a knock on my bedroom door. "Hey sweetie can I come in?" I sigh in relief "yeah dad come in" "You okay muffin?" he said in a worried tone "yeah i'm fine dad i'm just a little nervous for the first day and I have no idea how to do my hair."

My dad called me all types of kiddie nicknames, but no matter how much I protest, he never stops calling me muffin "Here, let me help you out kiddo"

I smiled slightly at his comment and nodded so he could do my hair, he hovered over me. I sigh lightly as he grabs a white ribbon and twists the two front strands of my hair and ties them together in the back, he smiles while we make eye contact through the mirror

"...And all done", he says, proud of his work "Thanks dad." "No problem princess, you look great...now hurry up if you still want me to drive you and Maria to school, you got 10 minutes." He said sternly.

I groan as he walks away in the hallway " be there in a sec." I shout from my room

I kneel down and put my school belongings in my school bag, along with my favorite scent, which smelt of vanilla and coconut.

Dad got me it for my birthday a couple years back and I'm still savoring it. I close up my bag and stand up.

I do a quick check up in my mirror, and head downstairs and find Maria down there sitting on the kitchen counter talking to my dad, "hey maria you look cute"

I say happily looking at her, she was wearing an off the shoulder sweater sage green sweater with bell bottoms and converse to match her sweater with her golden brown hair back tied into a slick back bun. " you look cuter"

she hopped off the counter and came to give me a hug. I pull away from the hug a few seconds later and ask her "Are you ready for junior year?" "hell yeah" she blurted, my dad raised an eyebrow "heck yeah..sorry Mr. Amari" Maria corrected.

My dad rolled his eyes sarcastically, and started walking out and all of a sudden he blurted out "Last one out the door is a rotten egg" and he starts sprinting, Maria and I get the hint, she grabs her bag of the counter, and I take this chance to win and start running, and we both erupt in laughter as we run out the door.

We make it out the door, and into the car, out of breath. "I won that for sure" Maria exclaimed "Nuh uh I did" I argued, "DAD did I not just win that?" My dad stared at the both of us from the rearview mirror and chuckled as he started the car, while Maria and I kept arguing about who won.

All of a sudden my dad blurted out "Girls, Girls, relax.. It doesn't matter who won, because I did" he says as he smiles and shrugs sassily. Maria and I's jaws are dropped as we make eye contact and start laughing.