Stranger

Sabby...

Chapter one

It's 19:45 already, I'm still not dressed I can't even find my keys and glasses. I didn't even complete my assignment. Where exactly am I going? My phone is ringing somewhere in this place. I quickly pace to my room and there it lies vibrating on the bed.
"Hello?"
"You're late the group is complaining. I can't keep defending you. The study will start without you. Please hurry up!" Leah yells over the phone.
"I'm on my way, please try to calm them down." I plead with her as I don a reasonably long dress. I don't know how I missed the keys that were clearly on the counter, typical dumb me.

Rushing to the door and opening it with no care at all in this world an unconscious man who was clearly leaning on the door for support drops on my feet and I scream my lungs out, though of course no one heard me or cared enough to come and check if they did. In this apartment complex no one talks to the other, everyone just minds their business. Unless they hear the alarm, you're pretty much on your own. Even if I were to kidnap someone and loudly torture them no one would even think about checking what's going on. I step aside and stand beside him, my eyes never leaving his lifeless body. I have to be careful ...this could be a trick. Some robbers use these sick tricks in order to get into people's houses. The corridors seem pretty much vacant. No one is here. I'm shaking right now. Fear is having its way with me , I cannot think straight. Should I push him aside, leave him there and continue with life ? No , I wasn't raised like that...what if he's dead? I slowly kneel next to him praying the Lord protects me for my good heart , place two fingers on his neck to check for his pulse and fortunately it is there. "Wake up." I whisper foolishly and nothing happens. I stare at him closely and I notice that he is really hurt. He has cuts all over his face. He's wearing something that must have been a suit but now just a bloody rag. "S-sir?" I call him.

I don't know when I agreed with myself to stand up and kick him but after doing so he almost moves and I immediately get on my knees again. "Are you okay?" I ask him in a panicky tone and his eyeballs move under the lids. "Sir, are you okay . Should I call an ambulance? The cops?" I ask him and he almost grunts. Is he waking up?
"Don't call anyone?" He struggles to say. "I'll call my own doctor." He continues. Should I leave him here then? He releases a series of coughs and I look at him in worry , what if I leave him and he dies here? It'll haunt me all my life. He slowly closes his eyes. "No no no, wake up please." I say and he just goes black. What do I do now! My phone rings again and I know it's Leah. "I won't make it." I tell her before she scolds me again. "Why? Is there a problem?" She asks and I hesitate to tell her. I know Leah, by tomorrow morning I'll be on the Daily News paper for apparently saving a dying man. "I can't find my keys, and it won't be wise to leave this place unlocked. Plus my mom said she sent something for me so I have to wait for the delivery guy." There I've lied to her
"Did she have to send it at night?" She asks.
"Girl I don't know, bye I'll talk to you later please send me the notes and stuff. See you tomorrow at campus." I hang up and go back to the problem.

Okay this might be the dumbest decision I've ever made in my life but I'm going to do it. I grab both his arms, position myself at the entrance and I pull him in the apartment. I stop by the carpet next to the couch. I guess I should try to nurse him back to consciousness, then he'll call his people and leaves.

After taking off his top gear and cleaning his bloody handsome face I wipe him with a hot towel and I notice movement...progress! He looks like he's in his late twenties or early thirties. He is a very muscular man, I wonder what happened to him. Who would do this to another human being? Maybe it was a car accident but why did he end up outside my apartment? Where could the accident scene be? Or maybe he was beaten up by goons whatever the reason maybe I don't think it is right. As I attempt to move his head off my lap to get him a glass of water so as to coax him to drink , he opens his eyes.