Chapter 2: The red crown

The Lamb steps onto the pentagram and is teleported to what looks like a large clearing in the woods.

He steps down some stairs and is greeted by Ratau, "This hallowed ground which once was mine, is now yours. This crumbling ruin is to be the site of your new cult." Ratau smiles, "We have so much to do. We begin by indoctrinating this poor soul into the warm embrace of your cult."

Ratau points to a stone circle in the ground, "Followers can gather resources for you. Order this one to collect lumber and stone." and just like that, the person he saved earlier popped out of the ground.

The Lamb didn't like the sound of ordering them around, but he guesses he didn't have a choice. He walked over to them, and they frantically got on their knees, clasping their hands together, "Convert me to your cult, I will follow your teachings faithfully."

The Lamb smiled at that, "What's your name?"

"J-Jooanar.." the chicken said.

"Jooanar..that's a nice name...come now, don't be scared, you're with me now, but I need you to do some things for me.." The Lamb's crown lifted from their head and spawned a nicer shirt onto the chicken, "Why don't you chop wood? That would be a nice start." The chicken nods and heads off to chop.

The Lamb smiles and congratulates themself. They hear clapping from behind, The Lamb turns, it was Ratau, "Good job. By your hand, our cult will grow powerful! But your followers cannot live on prayer alone, they must eat. Gather the necessary resources and build a Cooking fire, it will allow you to prepare meals for your followers." Ratau points at a crafting table before digging away.

The Lamb goes over to the table, 5 wood, 2 stone. Easy enough. The Lamb goes to help their new follower chop wood and stone.

The crown turned into an axe and The Lamb picks away at the stone, it took some muscle but soon enough, he comes back with what was needed.

He made the kitchen and picked some berries to make the only meal he knew how, a basic berry bowl. Ratau popped up again, The Lamb sweared, if he kept doing that he was going to give them a heart attack, "Now we must build a shrine - but first we will need more followers and more gold. Both of which can be found when crusading through the lands of the old faith. Our mutual benefactor The One Who Waits has been trapped by the four Bishops of the old faith. Each of them guards a chalice that binds him to the realm beyond. We have conjured openings to their realms. It is your task to track them down and slay them so he may be freed."

The Lamb frowns, slay them? Him? How? Ratau seemed to see their nervousness. "Don't sweat it kid, you got this, you're the foretold lamb after all. Now go! There you shall find gold and willing recruits and for those who are not willing, convert them by FORCE!" and down back into the earth Ratau went, before popping his head back out, "Oh right, don't panic, cause right around now you should hear-"

Suddenly The Lamb hears a voice in their head, "Vessel! Do you hear me?

The Lamb jumped, “Oh god you're talking in my ear!”

“The one who waits…” Ratau finishes, “My lord please speak quieter. Lambs have…well-developed hearing..”

The cat cleared his voice, “Better?”

The Lamb let out a sigh, “Yes, better. How are..talking to me?”

“Through the crown.'' That's when the crown leaped off The Lamb’s head and floated in front of their face, the eye staring into their soul.

“Oh…h-hey.."

"Okay now, go go, we haven't got all day!" Ratau says as he pushes The Lamb towards where the crusades will begin.

The crown flies back on top of The Lamb's head and gently lands, "Yes, let us go vessel, and kill those heretics!"

The Lamb was a bit worried, their face scrunching up, "Yeah...alright..."