a new era

A 19 year old girl with black hairs and dark brown eyes was seen sitting at the swing in the garden. Her head casted down and lips formed in a pout clearly showing that she was sulking.

"Tsk tsk kitni sad baat hai" a boy probably 17 years or so said while giggling.

"Get lost!!" The girl hissed at him making him laugh more.

"It's alright Vamu di! Dad will convince mom!" The boy said making her sulk even more.

"I don't get it!! She let me go for under 19 but why not Indian squad!?!!" The girl Vamu hissed making her brother wince.

The things is, the Kohli house which is now known as the Sharma's were going through a phase.

Their eldest daughter were selected in the Indian squad after her under 19 performance. A call for celebration at an normal house.

But they were far from normal.

Vamika Sharma always knew that her parents were over protective of her and her brother but she thought atleast they will let her go for the Indian squad.

Well it was just her mom, her dad was as elated as her.

After her interest got hooked in cricket, her mom was almost too worried about her to even let her out of the house. Her dad got used to it pretty soon compared to her mum.

Now the situation wasn't the best, her loving mother had given her strict instructions that she is not going anywhere.

Akaay sighed and took the other swing, "Don't worry di. It'll be alright. Really" Akaay said in order to calm her nerves.

"Nothing is alright" Vamu said holding her head.

"Dekh di ab tu overacting krrhi hai" Akaay said shrugging as Vamu glared at him. Vamu started chasing Akaay around the garden.

"Wait you brat!! Mumma have spoiled you enough!!" Vamu yelled on top of her lungs while chasing him making him yell-"Mumma~~~"

A man in his mid fifties walked out of the house and gaped at the scene. His daughter sitting on top of his son and beating the shit out of him.

"Vamu!! Oh my god leave my daughter you junglee!!" Virat said whacking Akaay's head making him gasp at him in disbelief.

"She was the one beating me!!" Akaay yelled outraged.

"Dekho-dekho. Sharam bhi nhi aati apni behen ke khilaaf aise bolte hue! My poor daughter!" Vi said hugging Vamu making Akaay cry on top of his lungs.

"Mumma!!~~"

"Dada is mumma ke chamche ko chup krao wrna ham dono Gaye!" Vamu said as Vi tried to console him but Akaay didn't stop.

"What the hell is happening here!?!" Anushka walked out of the house to see Akaay throwing a tantrum and a pale looking father daughter duo.

"Dadda and Vamu didi are beating me!!" Akaay said as Vi knew he was done for.

"You two! Koi bachhe ko aise maarta hai?!" Nush said sternly.

"Are kaheka bachha!? 17 saal ka hogya hai!!" Vi said earning a glare from his wife.

"It's alright dad! I mean iss ghr m ek Akaay hi to hai jiski har baar mani jaati hai! Ham to yha aise hi hai!" Vamu said already annoyed by the earlier argument she had with her mom.

"Vamu!" Nush said sternly, "Vamu what ma!? Konsa Maine aap se ye keh diya ki shaadi krni hai! Mujhe apna passion follow karna hai!!" Vamu said with tears in her eyes.

"Apne room Mai jaao!!" Nush said as Vi and Akaay looked too scared to speak, Vamu sprinted inside followed by Akaay.

"Nush I think you should reconsider."

"We're done with this argument Vi!" Nush said sitting on the swing as Vi sighed sadly.

"Please Nush. She is our daughter"

"And that's why I don't want her to do this!! That wretched sport took everything from us!! Don't you see it?!" Nush said while crying.

Vi instantly calmed her down, "we can't let out fear come in the way of our children's dreams"

"You want her to go back to the the pit of snakes? My sweet innocent child?"

Akaay who was apparently kicked out by Vamu and was spying on his parents heard this and scoffed, 'Innocent my ass! She calls for BenStokes more than dad'

"No! I want her to fight for her dreams!" Vi said as Nush sighed, "What if she gets hurt? What if someone finds out she is your daughter?"

Akaay frowned in confusion, "What?"

"No one will. She'll be enrolled as Vamika Sharma. Don't worry, no one will" Vi said kissing her forehead and consoling her as Nush nodded.

The two went towards there daughter's room to tell her the news when Akaay came out of the vase Nush bought specially for her anniversary.

"Dad's daughter? What the hell?"