12. Doom In Disguise

Start from the beginning

"Now how did he fucking know..." He mumbled to himself with a palm on his face.

- - -

"Hush little baby don't you cry..."

"Everything's gonna be alright..."

[Yeah I know it's cringe but I genuinely do not know any lullabies it's embarrassing and because I have learned to fall asleep to tik tok audio edits this kid is gonna have to do the same]

   Chan sang a lullaby while patting Haley on the back. She was already fast asleep on one of the plastic seats with her head resting on Chan's lap.

    It was quite noisy at the rescue camp during the night, since not everyone went to sleep right away. The seats were cold, they did not have enough blankets to keep themselves warm, and there wasn't much space to sleep comfortably. They didn't get to eat enough which caused them to lose sleep.

    On the contrary, the subtle wind, crickets chirping and the darkness of the night made Chan's eyelids heavier to keep open. Perhaps it was also the tiredness of the day. Fighting zombies as a daily schedule was not an easy job, but it was also the one thing that was different from outside the rescue camp. He knew he was safe and no one had to stay awake to lookout.

   Chan exhaled a heavy breath looking at the sky. The silence was getting too loud for his mind. As he tried to distract it by filling in random thoughts, he finally gave in to the slumber.

    It wasn't a while later that Y/n passed by and her gaze fell upon the Father-daughter duo. She stepped in front of them keenly observing the peacefully asleep humans with her arms crossed. She decided to get a blanket from wherever she could find one, and fortunately, she did. She brought it over to them and covered their legs with it.

   Feeling proud of her work, Y/n smiled and took a seat beside Chan, after clearing the clutter that was on the seat.

"Let's try to sleep too Y/n." She muttered to herself and crossed her arms followed by closing her eyes.

   But it didn't take long for her to realise that this position was very uncomfortable for her neck. She glanced to her right to see that Chan also had a similar issue with his head hanging down.

'I'll just... try to make this work.' The thought before she placed her hand on Chan's head pulling it to her shoulder and resting it. Chan unconsciously made himself comfortable resting his head on Y/n's shoulder. He looked peaceful mumbling and chewing in his sleep. Y/n sighed and rested her head on top of his.

'This is a bit... weird but... ugh whatever, I'll just sleep.' Shaking her thoughts away Y/n was also slowly consumed by sleep.

- - -

"AAAAAAAAAAA!"

"WAAAA!"

"RUUUUNNNN!"

"MOOOMMMM!"

    The couple opened their eyes to a gloomy dawn and to the horrifying screams that filled the whole arena. Y/n quickly stood up and alerted her senses as she looked around while Chan checked up on his daughter.

    Y/n felt her body ache in multiple spots and her eyes took a while to adjust to the scene. But noticed people running around and screaming hysterically at something near the 1st entrance. While the sound of gunshots and helicopters took over.

"What's happening?" Chan asked.

"I don't know but we have to go. Meet me at the 3rd entrance where we parked the van." Y/n ordered.

"Where are you going?" He asked concerned.

"I'll get Minho and my sister. Go quickly!" Y/n dashed towards the dressing rooms.

"Be careful!" Chan yelled as he watched her leave.

    Y/n ran through the hoards of screaming men, women, and children as they all ran to the second entrance. As she passed by the 1st one she noticed that the gates were wide open and the creatures fell in masses biting, eating and infecting the ones in the rescue camp.

'How did this happen?' She thought as she was getting pushed by people every time they passed by.

'Wait...' 

    She turned her head in multiple directions scanning the whole area for the military people. But there were none in sight. She looked above to see in one of the helicopters a man trying to look for someone through binoculars.

"What are they fucking doing right now!" 

    Y/n furiously ran to her sister's room which previously had medical staff but no one was present at the moment. She frantically flung the door open while panting heavily. She pulled out the cannula on her arm and looked for a wheelchair.

   When she spotted one, she quickly pulled it out of the corner, brought it over to the bed and struggled to seat her sister on it.

"Y/n..." Haeun weakly called.

"Come on sis! We have to get out of here!" She lifted her by her arms trying to slide her into the wheelchair.

"Y/n please..."

"Just! Trust me I-I'll I'll make sure you're safe!" Y/n's voice shattered as she panted.

"Save yourself." Haeun's weak voice could barely choke out those words as she was starting to get paler.

TO BE CONTINUED...