Family

💜💫

Ivy's pov

As we explored the mansion, I couldn't help but feel like I was trapped in a dream. The opulent decorations, the lavish furnishings, and the eerie silence all seemed so surreal. But it was the way he looked at me that made my heart race - like he was devouring me with his eyes, like I was his next conquest.

When we entered the library, I gasped in awe. The rows of books seemed to stretch up to the ceiling, and the cozy reading nooks looked like the perfect place to get lost in a novel. He designed this for me, I thought, feeling a flutter in my chest. But why? What did he want from me?

As we walked through the garden, the sun's warm rays on my skin and the sound of the water fountain were like a balm to my soul. But I couldn't shake off the feeling of being watched, of being his prisoner. He gripped my hand tightly, not enough to hurt, but enough to remind me of his control. I felt like a bird in a gilded cage, beautiful but trapped.

And then, he looked at me with an intensity that made my heart skip a beat, his eyes burning with a fierce possession. I felt a shiver run down my spine as I realized the depth of his obsession. I was his, and he would stop at nothing to keep me. Tears burn at the corner of my eyes but I didn't let it to show.

The pain from last night didn't gone but it's better than last night. My fear and hate for him only increased more after what he did with me but mama said that every one does this after their marriage.

My chains of thoughts broken as the sudden ring of his phone broke the spell, and I nearly jumped out of my skin. His expression transformed in an instant, his eyes darkening like a stormy sky.

His voice was cold and menacing as he answered, "What do you want?" The person on the other end must have said something to spark his fury, because his face twisted in anger, and I felt my heart race with fear.

I recognized that look, that same glint in his eye that I had seen at my grandmother's house. It was a look that made my blood run cold.

"Why are you all coming?" he growled, his voice laced with annoyance, and I wondered who 'you all' were. The person on the phone must have said something to infuriate him further, because he huffed in anger, his chest heaving with agitation.

I looked at him with confusion, my mind racing with questions. Who was that person? What had they said to spark his ire? And who were 'they all' that were coming?

The air seemed to vibrate with tension, and I felt like I was walking on eggshells, unsure of what would trigger his next outburst.

His eyes locked onto mine, and for a moment, I thought I saw a glimmer of understanding. But then, his expression changed, and he answered the question that was burning in my mind.

"My family is coming to our home,"he said, his voice low and husky. I felt a shiver run down my spine as he emphasized "our home". I didn't want this, I didn't want to be trapped in this grand mansion with his family. I missed my old life, my family, my friends. I longed for the familiarity and comfort of my old routine.

But I didn't say a word, I just looked at him, my eyes wide with fear and uncertainty. He continued, "They are my step family, except my father." I opened my mouth to speak, but my words came out stuttering and barely audible.

"W-what do they w-want?"I asked,as soon as these words escaped for my mouth i feel like stupid and mentally scolded myself it's his family why would they want something from his this feeling is more vulnerable than ever. My stutter seemed to amplify my fear, and I hated myself for it. But he just looked at me, his eyes piercing, as if he could see right through me.