Chapter 5 - Spicy Black Bean Clams

Start from the beginning

"Mm-hmm. Rather fun, that song is."

"Alright... Let me look for the background music."

Lisa quickly shut off her microphone and turned her head back to look at Rose again. "Hey, uh..."

"What?" Rose gave her a weird look.

"I'll be singing a senseless song. Don't mind me."

"What song?" Rose was actually interested now.

"Hang Yourself on the Southeast Branch."

"Pfft... You're singing that for your own fans?"

"No... For Jungkook Dada."

"My gawd... Since when did you and Toupai get so close?......" Rose's thoughts started wandering, and she began filling in details in her own mind.

Lisa was worried about keeping Jungkook waiting for too long, so she immediately downloaded the background music and lyrics from 5sing.

This wacky song that strung together lines from all sorts of poetry and songs was really bad for a person's image. When she was ready, she felt as if her heart was starting to bleed and was scared that, once Toupai finished listening to her sing, he would be completely turned off by her. After all, from one perspective, Toupai was her favourite voice. How had things developed into this?

Did she really... have to "hang herself on the southeast branch?"

" I'm going to start now." Lisa felt a little dejected as she started the background music.

Rose, like a nosy old lady, walked right up behind her and started listening in like a second audience member. She did not really understand YY, but she still knew that two people hanging out alone in a room was absolutely comparable to a private date.

When she started singing the lines of "Hang Yourself on the Southeast Branch," she clearly heard Jungkook laugh out loud... He actually laughed out loud... She really wanted to burst into tears, but very professionally, she continued singing.

When she reached the end, she hastily shut off the music.

"Not bad." Jungkook concisely summarized, his tone laidback.

This was... his doting voice style that absolutely mesmerized his fans.

Lisa exhaled very lightly. Oh gawd, oh gawd, stay calm, stay calm. Today, she was here to repay him. She needed to have a calm state of mind. Absolutely calm. She absolutely could not let herself get starry-eyed...

"Do you like to eat clam?" Jungkook suddenly changed the subject.

"Yes. Jungkook Dada, you like it, too?" Lisa was striving hard to maintain her own image as she kept her voice steady.

"It's ok."

He gave a laugh.

Oh god... Lisa put a hand on her chest.

The doting voice coupled with a laugh every now and then. Seriously, she was going to die on the spot... aah.

Who was going to come to save this voice lover?...

Feeling as if a hundred claws were scratching at her heart, she silently scorned herself. Rose could not hear what was being said in her headset and could only see the pained expression on her face. Slightly worried, she patted her on the shoulder and asked, "Little girl, have you been poisoned?"

Lisa waved her off.

Not poisoned. She was obviously bewitched.

Fortunately, the settings had been set so that one could not speak freely without pressing the talk key, so Jungkook did not hear what Rose said.