Chapter 15: Head Over Heels

Start from the beginning

It took months for me to wrap my head around being pregnant with my rapist's child. It took years for me to stand proud of myself and I was diligent in becoming the best dad I could be, even without Richard's support. I convinced myself that neither Charlie nor I needed him.

But becoming a proud father was a struggle for me. I got it in my head that this was my journey and ultimately, I was making the best decision for me. I also thought to myself that by doing this, I would be securing my chances of getting pregnant again by my mate, whenever I discovered him.

Had I taken pills to get rid of the pregnancy, who knows what would happen to my reproductive system. There is so little information around male Omegas, despite the fact that we have been around for centuries.

For the longest time, I wracked my brain trying to figure out why I was being punished by the lack of mate. Did I actually bring this upon myself? Was I not supposed to fight to succeed my father as Beta? What could I have possibly done wrong?

When so many people question your motives and turned a sexual assault into me 'fulfilling my fantasy' or 'realizing my lust on my crush', you begin to wonder if ever I brought this upon myself.

The shortest answer is: NO. Never. Not in a million years.

There are many reported cases of incidents involving Omegas while struck by heat. Hundreds of children were born because of this situation. But that was not what happened to me. It wasn't an accident, I was targeted by a sociopath who didn't want me to be (his) Beta.

It was never my fault. Not the sexual assault, nor the long time it took for me to find my mate. Though those things aren't completely unrelated, I can honestly say I have led an honorable life so far. I never cheated, stole or deceived anybody for any reason whatsoever.

I would never claim to be a saint, no. Just a hard working single father trying to do his best for his son. He is the most important thing in my life. Always was, always will be. And I will never regret having him, no matter the horrible circumstances in which he was conceived. He had no fault in that.

It's Sunday, the third day of my son and I in Regency Falls.

After Stephano took us to his house and the mall yesterday, Charlie is on cloud nine. Not only does he have a new toy, he also has a tablet to play games. That coupled with the brand new PlayStation my mate bought to install in his house - in what would be my son's room - and the already working playroom inside the pack house, the boy is ecstatic.

He hasn't stopped playing since yesterday afternoon, with short bathroom and food breaks. I love that for him, I really do. But life is not about fun and games. I need to get serious for a moment and think about what is best for him.

Though clearly he is doing very well in this pack already and I have no rush to take him anywhere else. Where would I find such a welcoming reception? Plus, my mate is here. I am not going to leave his side unless I have to. Why would I flee a man who is good to my son?

After we had breakfast in the guest dining hall, Charlie returned to the playroom while I met Stephano once again in the living room. He was looking sharp in plain clothes, but I don't think my mate has ever looked bad in his life. *swoon*

"Good morning, mate. How are you doing?" He greeted me with a sunny disposition.

"Good morning. I am trying to figure out what my next step is." I replied, pensive.

"Can I make a suggestion?" He inquired as we took our seats on the sofa that furnished the spacious room.

It is a communal place where residents meet outsiders, visitors who they cannot welcome in their rooms. There is a strict policy here of who can come up to your bedroom and absolutely no visitors are allowed with the exception of mates, of course. This is not a hotel, it's the pack house.