The mission.

Draco~

The long table was filled with deatheaters from all ages. I was sat between bella and mum. There was an unforgiving chill lingering in the air with silent murmurs coming from all around.

The dark lord stared at me as he began to speak, "Draco, your 8th year at Hogwarts begins soon and i have only one task for you," the room echoed with draft escaping through the rotten floorboards, "You need to make Y/n potter fall in love with you, we need her weak so she can be put to an end, The girl is more powerful than she knows and this is dangerous for us." His eyes Dwelled on me for some time and so i agreed. The girl would fall in love with me.

A round of applause erupted from the room as me, my mother and father exited the mansion. "Don't let me down, Draco" Father spoke with a menacing tone. Mother looked at me anxiously knowing my life was at risk.

Later at our house i paced around my cold room. The walls green and moulded, my bed ancient with moth eaton sheets. My Parents refused to change them as i only spend six weeks at home a year. Father had little care for me and more about what i could become, Mother however had always been their for me and i was so grateful for her.

"He's just a boy Lucius," A loud bang then echoed through the walls. "He needs to do this cissy he needs to be faced with what his life has for him" Father sniggered. I heard my mother's silent cries from the kitchen. Father had always hit, when it wasn't her it was me. My body was engraved in bruises and scars from the man, He was cold and was never happy. But we were used to it, thats why i didn't try and help Mother.

——————————————————————————
Y/n~

The holidays had drifted by quickly at Hogwarts, I had no home to return to after the war so i just stayed here. Few students remained during the holidays so i barely spoke to anyone. Hermione usually stayed by my side and Harry at other times, But when im left alone my thoughts would just catch up with me, I was being eaten alive by my own brain and i couldn't stop it.

My dorm was left empty as the rest of the Slytherins were at home with their families so it was just me. I heard Ron had arrived back today however he was not himself. Apparently the Weasleys had been grieving with the loss of their son and were in no state to speak to anyone. I didn't blame them but it hurt knowing Ron had been shutting his friends out as hes not the only one in pain.

The start of term~ Y/n

A few weeks passed and now almost everyone has returned however the corridors were silent almost every student and teacher lost someone they love and grief lingered in the air.

Classes came back as normal with Mcgonagall as headteacher although we have new teachers in almost every subject, for instance in potions a woman bought in by the ministry her name, Professor Lilith-Clark she is stern but also kind and has a-lot of love for the students she teaches and for DDA and auror know as Professor Knicklesby; he is soft and friendly not so much a man made to teach but many wizards were scared of coming to back Hogwarts after the war.

——————————————————————————-
Authors note, First time writing and i know this part was a bit shit but it will get better just need to introduce the book!! (pretend Voldemort wasn't killed in the war) 620 Words.