Pale as Snow, Dark as Ash

Start from the beginning

Lilian just nods her head slowly in awe. "Do all hearing aids do that?"

Lianhua shakes her head. "No it's just mine as far as I'm aware. Mine was tampered with and has some built in tech to help me hear better," explained Lianhua.

"Interesting! Whoever did that for you must be rich huh?" Lilian joked. Lianhua's shoulders jolted slightly.

Father.

She nods with a carefully crafted smile. Her gaze slowly went to the palace again. Her heart rate picks up.

soon.

She swallows the lump in her throat as her hand raised to the pendant hidden under her shirt. There's suddenly a heavy feeling in her chest. She stood up and patted her clothes to get rid of the dirt.

"I have to go. I'll see you around," she says before walking away, not giving Lillian time to respond. Lillian stood there blinking in confusion before she shrugged and called it a day. 'She propably has things to do,' Lillian thought.

Lianhua evaded the crowd's gaze and went into an alleyway. She leans against the wall as she pants heavily. She takes out the pendant and saw that it glowed really brightly. She winces.

"What now?" She asks in a desperate attempt to shoulder the heaviness in her chest. Green smoke materializes beside her. "What do you want?" She asks again.

"You're manifesting another power. One that's not mine, flower." Said the smoke — Elixtris with sternness in her voice. Lianhua looked at her with confusion.

"Power? What power? Don't I already have enough?" She pants, "I already have this cursed Blessing, and your powers too alongside the others...What power do I need more?" She groans.

She fell to her knees and pants as her world swirls. Her head feels as if it's gonna blow up, and her whole body is heating up. She presses her hands into her chest to feel that her heart is pumping like crazy. The world is suddenly so loud, and so bright. Cold sweat ran down her temples as she tries to focus but failed.

She pants heavily. Foreign voices echoed deep in her mind. She shakes her head.
"So..cold...so hot...." she says in a weak groan. She felt like she was about to pass out from the dizzyness. She was just about to cry and-

HELP! AAAAAH!

The scream of a woman was heard by her clearly beside her outside the alleyway. Her head snapped to the sound and she saw the crazed smile of another woman. As if in slow motion, she saw the terrified look in the victim's eyes and the expression of joy in the attacker's.

"Save her."

A gentle voice echoes in her ears as she felt the touch of a cold hand on her shoulder, slightly pushing her to their direction.

"Use your bitter anger for good."

Lianhua's body slowly stood up and prepared to run in their direction.

'What's going on...?' She thought to herself.

"You have been chosen."

"Chosen..?"

"The Blazing Sun has blessed you. Heir of the noble Verhaillum bloodline and the Wang bloodline, you are deemed worthy."

In the blink of an eye, Lianhua pushed the victim to the side with her own body, facing the attacker as the golden outline of a hand guides hers up.