Episode 58: This must end!

Start from the beginning

"What are you talking about? Orsino and my ex-wife are married? I'm tired of your lies," I growled, my patience wearing thin with this man.

His voice trembled as he confirmed the truth. "They're in Florence, at her grand estate," he admitted. "I'll tell you everything you want to know, if you promise to end my suffering afterwards."

I looked over at Luca and Vesuvio, who both nodded in agreement. "Fine. Tell me what you know, and I'll put an end to your suffering," I said coldly, knowing I would keep my word. The man began speaking as I braced myself for the information he was about to reveal.

My mind raced with the details this man shared. It was sickening to think that Orsino and my ex-wife were married, and that she had shared information about my operation with him. On top of that, he revealed that Esidore had been working for Orsino for six months. "Don Dominic, there's one more thing that will break your heart," the man said through his pain. "But please, kill me when I tell you."

I clenched my jaw and nodded impatiently. "Go on," I ordered.

"Your daughter Micola is not your biological daughter. She is Orsino's child," he revealed. "And she knows that you are not her father. Her mother used you for money." He winced in pain as he spoke.

"How do you know all of this?" I demanded.

"Orsino is my older brother. I told him to leave it alone and move on with his life, but he wouldn't listen," the man growled.

"What's your name?" I asked in curiosity.

"My name is Jet Corsetti," he answered.

"Well Jet, say hello to the devil," I said before pulling the trigger. His lifeless body went still.

Turning to my men, I ordered, "Burn the bodies and do it quickly. And get a helicopter ready, we're leaving tonight. I need to go check on my wife."

Filled with feelings of betrayal and anger, I couldn't bear to look at the gruesome scene any longer. My first priority was to make sure my beloved Sugar Pie and our unborn child were safe from Orsino and my ex-wife's deceit.

As I marched into the Greyson Mansion, I shouted for Thalia, Donna, and Flavia to come out. After a brief moment, I heard my name being called. Overwhelmed with relief and joy, Thalia ran towards me and gave me a passionate kiss.

I leaned back from the kiss and gazed at my beautiful young wife, wiping away her tears. "Don't cry, Sugar Pie. I'm alright, my love," I reassured her. "We need to talk, baby. I have something important to tell you." She nodded in understanding before I excused myself to go upstairs and break the news about my alleged daughter and ex-wife. Before leaving, I thanked Donna and Flavia for protecting my wife.

Donna and Flavia both replied with a nod and a smile. Taking my wife up to our bedroom, I unlocked the door and ushered her inside. We sat down on the bed together, with me pulling her close as she cried softly onto my shoulder. After a few minutes of silence, I spoke first.

"Baby, if Micola tries to call you, don't answer it at all. She can't be trusted after what she and her mother did to me. I know Micola may seem innocent in all of this, but I have my doubts. We have to leave and go to Florence, but don't worry, I won't leave you behind. Esidore had placed a tracker on our truck. That's how they knew we were, but I won't have my wife and unborn baby in danger. This shit ends now! Take a shower and pack only essentials within the next 15 minutes, okay?"

I told her. I kissed her forehead to reassure her, then turned to leave the room. Taking the stairs two at a time, I went downstairs and informed Donna and Flavia of our departure. We needed to leave as soon as possible, for their safety and ours. Orsino wouldn't rest until he had taken everything from me, including my family. Little did he know, I was taking the fight to him and his whore, my ex-wife Antonella.

I stepped outside into the fresh air, relieved to that the chaos was done. My men were finishing up with the clean up and I needed a moment to clear my head. Orlando came over to me as I stood on the front step. He gave me a reassuring pat on the back and said, "Boss, we'll get through this." I nodded, pulling out a cigar and lighting it.

"You're right, man. This shit needs to end now. I can't believe that motherfucker Jet claimed Micola isn't my daughter. He introduced himself as Orsino's younger brother, but I couldn't place him at first because he was just a child when I met him. However, when he said his name, everything clicked into place. He had the audacity to say she's Orsino's, and now he's married to Antonella." I growled, feeling more enraged by the second. Orlando, I know I've done some fucked up shit in the past 30 years, but goddamn, man. I can't take this anymore."

Orlando sighed deeply. "Dom, we will find those two fuckers. Esidore has been with us for 20 years since he was just 17. And Luca, Vesuvio, Marco and I can't understand why he would betray you like this. Betray us all." He roared angrily.

"I know, that's why I can't wrap my head around his betrayal. I pay all of you good money; what other boss do you know who gives a $1 million sign-on bonus and $1.5 million a year? None. Fuck this shit."

I turned to Orlando. "Call the pilot and have him pick us up at our designated spot. We need the big helicopter; we're going to Florence. Have Luca book rooms for all of us and tell Aad and the rest of the men that we leave in 30 minutes."

As we both walked inside, I spotted my wife Thalia walking down the stairs with a small overnight bag. Her eyes red from crying, but she held her head high, showing the strength of a mafia wife.

I shot him a fierce look before tightening my hold on my wife. "It's going to be okay, honey. This will all be over soon. I understand you're upset, but trust me." I leaned in and kissed her gently on the cheek.

"I know, Dom. Let's leave. I am ready to get back to our life. I just want to go and have our bambino in peace. I never thought Micola would be the daughter of Orsino, let alone Esidore being a traitor; this is like something out of a nightmare," Thalia said with a sad smile before kissing my cheek.

As we chatted with Donna and Flavia, I received a text message informing us that the pilot had arrived. We quickly made our way over to the helicopter where Donna and Flavia were already waiting with our bags in hand. We boarded without any issues and took off into the night, flying towards Florence.

I gave a brief wave to Donna and Flavia, knowing that once this was all over, I would have a chance to catch up with them again. As the helicopter soared towards our next destination, my thoughts shifted to the task ahead. I knew I would have to end Orsino and Esidore's lives with my own hands.

And when I reached New York, I would fulfill my promise to kill Ameriko as well. But as the lights of the city faded behind us and the dark expanse of the countryside stretched out below, a nagging feeling settled in my gut. Something told me that tonight's journey was far from over, and the most dangerous part had yet to begin.

Reader's Note,

As Dom and Thalia take flight towards a hopeful future, danger and retribution loom large on the horizon. With betrayal fresh and vengeance on his mind, Dom's next moves will determine their fate. Will they find peace, or are darker challenges yet to come? Stay tuned for the thrilling continuation!

Happy Reading!

Zapphire