Chapter 60: The Birth

Start from the beginning

They parted from the kiss, and Maya rested her head on Aarav's shoulder. He gently caressed her hair, feeling a mix of hope and apprehension for the future.

It was midnight when a sudden, sharp pain shot through Maya's womb, causing her to yell out in agony. "Aah!"

Aarav immediately woke up, his eyes darting to Maya. Seeing her in pain, his heart raced with worry. "Maya, kya hua?" he asked urgently.

"It's paining," Maya shouted, her face contorted in distress.

For a second, Aarav was paralyzed with uncertainty. But then he realized it must be labour pain. Without wasting any time, he lifted her into his arms and carried her out of the room. He rushed to the car, carefully placing her on the back seat, and sped towards the hospital.

Throughout the drive, Aarav kept glancing at her through the rearview mirror, his heart aching as he saw her in such intense pain. "Maya, bas pahuch rahe hai hum hospital," he assured her, his voice trembling.

After a harrowing 20 minutes, they arrived at the hospital. Aarav stopped the car in front of the emergency entrance and quickly pulled Maya from the back seat. He carried her inside and placed her on a stretcher. A lady doctor immediately attended to them, checking Maya's pulse.

"Labour pain hai! Inhe turant OT leke jaana hoga," the doctor said, assessing the situation quickly.

As they headed towards the operating theatre, Aarav continued to caress Maya's head with one hand while holding her hand tightly with the other, assuring her of his presence and support. They reached the OT, and the doctor began the procedure.

"Sir, aap..." the doctor started to say, but Aarav cut her off.

"Main yahi rahunga," he insisted, his voice firm despite the fear in his eyes.

The doctor smiled, touched by his care and determination. As Maya's labour pains intensified, Aarav was right by her side, his heart pounding with anxiety and anticipation.

"Maya, everything will be alright. Just breathe," Aarav's voice trembled with concern, his grip on her hand tightening.

Maya gritted her teeth through the waves of pain, her grip on Aarav's hand almost crushing. "Main yeh nahi kar sakti, Aarav. It hurts too much."

Aarav's eyes filled with tears as he gently stroked her forehead. "Yes, you can, Maya. You're strong. It's just a little longer."

Maya pushed but failed again. The doctor motivated her, and Aarav tapped her head lightly with tears in his eyes. "Maya, ek baar aur koshish karo please, mere liye," he pleaded.

With one final push, Maya let out a cry of exertion, and the room was filled with the sound of a baby's first cries.

"It's a girl!" the nurse announced, placing the newborn in Maya's arms.

Tears of joy streamed down Maya's cheeks as she cradled their daughter, her heart overflowing with love and exhaustion. "She's beautiful, Aarav."

Aarav's eyes shimmered with emotion as he leaned in to kiss Maya's forehead, his voice choked with emotion. "She's perfect, Maya. Just like her mother."

As they gazed down at their precious daughter, a sense of wonder and gratitude filled the room, eclipsing the pain and hardship of the labour. In that moment, Maya and Aarav knew that their lives would never be the same again, but they embraced the journey ahead with open hearts and boundless love for their little miracle.

The doctor smiled warmly. "Congratulations to both of you! Sir, aap formalities puri kar dijiye, tabtak main maa aur bachi ko normal room mein shift karti hun," she instructed.