93. Therapy Session 7 (Part 1): Mushkil Raasta Aur Asaan Raasta

Start from the beginning

. . . . . . . .

After the checkup Ram and Priya left the hospital in silence. While Priya already knew that she was fine, Ram finally let out a sigh of relief. 

After conducting an X-ray, Dr. Khanna assured them that there were no pieces of glass inside Priya's skin that could potentially cause long-term problems. The doctor advised her to pay a visit after a month with all the other blood reports. 

. . . . . . . . .

Tara's smile turned into a mild frown when she saw Priya not holding Ram's hand as she stepped into the therapy room. 

As they settled on the sofa, Tara noticed that Priya looked slightly pissed while Ram was lowering his head, probably feeling sad. 

Tara: So...how are you both feeling today?

Priya let out a soft sigh and then nodded. She knew her foul mood was quite observable. And on the other hand, Ram just kept silent. He couldn't stop thinking how he makes everything so miserable every few days that actually keeps them from being happy. 

Tara: Kuch significant hua hai jiske baare mein baat karna chahte ho tum dono?

Both Ram and Priya didn't utter a single word. Tara waited for a few minutes for them to say something but they didn't. 

Tara: Okay...Priya tum bahaar jaake baitho. I'll call you later. 

Giving a feeble nod, Priya stood up to go and a few words uttered by Ram, made her stop on her tracks. 

Ram: Tara...main kuch nahi batayunga. Priya se poocho...if she tells you then it's fine. Par main kuch nahi batayunga. 

As Priya turned towards Ram, her eyes met his and tears brimmed into her eyes seeing that he respected her request. But as soon as Ram looked into her eyes, the tremendous amount of guilt again hit him and he lowered his gaze. Tara observed that a silent interaction was happening. 

Tara: Umm...okay. Priya tum baitho. Ram tum please bahaar baitho thodi der. 

Ram gave a nod and silently walked out of the room. 

Tara gestured to Priya to sit down and passed her a glass of water. Priya pulled out a tissue from the box and wiped her tears and then took a few sips of water. 

Tara: Priya...do you want to tell me what happened? 

Priya lowered her gaze and then began fidgeting her fingers. 

Priya: Aisa kuch...hua nahi hai. 

Tara: Achha. Phir tum kyun ro rahi thi...aur Ram ne kyun aisa kaha?

Priya again let out a soft sigh. She couldn't decide what to do. She wasn't ready to talk about her past yet she wanted Tara to help Ram. 

Priya: Woh...Mr. Kapoor ko...pata chal gaya...ke...umm...

Tara: Hmm?

Priya: Jail mein...actually...mujhe ch-chott... lagg...gayi thi. 

Tara straightened herself listening to her. 

Tara: Chott lagi thi? Kaise?

Priya took a deep breath and closed her eyes. 

Priya: Ummm...jhagda ho gaya tha mera ek aur inmate se...aur umm...usne hamla kiya tha. 

A pin drop silence enveloped the whole room for a few moments. Priya saw Tara having a few sips of water before she looked at her again. 

Tara: Do you want to talk about it?