15- Eye For An Eye (Prt. 2)

Start from the beginning

-

The nurses went ahead and handled Polly's graze and gave her some pain medicine. They removed the bullet from my shoulder then stitched me up, gave me some medicine, and sent me on my way, as usual. Polly was panicking and all that, so they wanna keep her over night to make sure she don't wind up having a heart attack or some shit. She traumatized like crazy, but that's really what happens when somebody pisses Jessica off. She is bound to shoot, so Polly really asked for it.

I'm walking to the gift shop at the entrance of the hospital to get her a bear or something since it's kind of my fault she got shot. I only brought Jessica there to squash shit but that clearly didn't work out too well.

I spot Darius in one of the waiting rooms. I walk over to him. "You here to see yo girl?" I ask him. His eyes trail to my shoulder, then he shakes his head no. He stands up. "I tried to call you." he dryly says. "Why? And my phone broke, it's a long story." I say. When Jessica flipped the table, my phone flew off that bitch and got destroyed.

"My ex's dad is a drug dealer from Detroit named Black. Everything between me and Yanda went bad so she started making threats to tell him or some shit. So, today when I took the kids out to eat, mothafuckas started shooting. I made the kids get under the table while I laid on top of Noble cause they aimed for him first. A lot of glass broke, and a lot of it went deep in Reign's arm. They removed the glass and gave her nine stitches in one part of her arm, and twelve on another part. The boys are in her hospital bed with her, watching TV. I'm sorry, Ant... I didn't think that would happen. I'm so fuckin sorry." he breaks down, shaking his head.

I snatch him by his shirt, then slam him into the wall. "Nigga, what the fuck? You let some shit happen to my lil girl over that dumb ass bitch?" I snap. He shakes his head no as tears roll down his face. "Ant, this shit wasn't supposed to happen. I'm sorry, man... I wish I could change it. That wasn't supposed to be my fucking niece." he sobs. I step back, then punch him in his face repeatedly, taking all my anger out on him. He covers his face while I stomp on him. "You mothafucka! You could've got my kids killed over a bitch? Now, my daughter got permanent scars on her over yo bullshit? Fuck you, Darius! Fuck you, nigga!" I snap, then kick him in his eye.

I shake my head then walk off before the security can come. I'm so mad right now, I could cry. My daughter is five years old. She ain't even hit four feet tall yet and mothafuckas already trying to kill my baby. I'm pissed at Darius. He didn't even tell me shit.

I reach down in my pocket then pull my prepaid flip phone I used to use for drug deals out my pocket, then dial Jessica's number that I remembered by heart. She just letting the phone ring. I wipe the tears off my face I tried to not let fall as I try to call again. "Come on, pick up the fucking phone!" I yell, making people look at me crazy.

I send her a text, telling her it's me and that our daughter got hurt. I walk to the bathroom, then punch the mirror. I break down crying. I tried so hard not to, but my kids mean more to me than anything in this world. It's a strong love I can't describe and just knowing my daughter gotta look at those scars forever cause a fuck nigga came for a toddler pisses me off and makes my heart hurt. These niggas got me fucked up. Retaliation is a fucking must.

I'm in Reign's hospital room. Majesty in lying in the bed with her, comforting her as she lightly cries. Jessie is crying in his knees in the chair and Noble is sitting on the couch glaring at the wall. He springs off the couch. "Daddy, I want whoever did this dead! Kill whoever hurt my sister! When I get bigger, I'll do it myself!" he screams, then kicks the tray with Reign's Yogurt sitting on it across the room.

I shake my head, fake smiling at Reign. "It hurts, daddy." she mumbles, pointing at all the stitches on her arm. I lightly kiss them. She smiles. "Thank you for kissing my boo boo. Will mommy come? I want mommy to hug me and take me home." she mumbles. I ignore her question.

The door swings open and Jessica storms in here in all black with her hair braided back and tucked under a black hat. "Antasia Janelle Mitchell, come here." she growls. I stand then walk over to her. "Now ain't the time for yo smart mouth." I say. "Naw, man, fuck the bullshit, I know damn well that lil hoe Darius mess with had something to do with this, I can feel it. All head shots, I ain't missing. I'm finna kill that bitch, so let's go if you riding." she straight up says.

I wrap my arm around her. She pushes me away. "Look, believe me, I wanna pop shit off way more than you do. But we gotta play smart. They probably expecting an instant retaliation and that's exactly what we ain't about to do. So, listen to me... we gone have to get all the facts right instead of acting off emotions, aight?" I ask. She blows then wipes her face as tears fall. "Yeah, whatever man. Move." she demands, then walks over to Reign.

I follow them. "Can you two have sex and make me a baby brother or sister? Granddaddy Nathan told me that's how babies get here. Oh, and mommy and daddy, can we all spend the night together? It'll make me happy and feel better." Reign says, smiling.

My eyes widen along with Jessica's. "Yeah, baby, we can spend a night together." Jessica answers for me, glaring at me on the low. "Yay! What about the baby?" she asks. I kiss her cheek. "Don't worry bout all that, kid." I say. "Is uncle Darius still here?" Jessie asks. I shrug my shoulders, not really caring. He got my daughter fucked up today so what would I care about his whereabouts for?

YANDA

"Yanda, come here!" I hear my dad yell. I walk into his office where my mom is sitting on the couch in the corner with a busted lip, meaning he got mad and beat her ass again.

"Yes?" I ask. "My team did part of the damage. We hit Darius Montgomery where it hurt. You said his weakness was his niece and nephews." he says, smirking. My heart starts beating fast. "What? You killed those little kids?" I ask in disbelief. I saw them for the first time at our graduation, they're all tiny and cute. I didn't want them hurt.

"I got the place shot up. I saw blood, so mission accomplished. The little girl was taken out tonight, Yanda. It's a cold world, so you gotta be cold." he says with an evil grin. "I'll even go to the little bitch's funeral. Nobody fucks with my daughter, nobody. Oh, and the boy is a nerd, he is not a threat. I did a background check. He came from a rich, stocks investing ass family. He ain't no threat, so this gone be a piece of cake. We killing his whole family then him. It'll be easy." he says.

I nod my head in agreement. Darius didn't care about my feelings when we got into an argument, so fuck his and his family's. The person I want dead is his sister. Fucking hoe.

COMMENT 35
VOTE