He dipped his head down to peck my lips.

"I gotchu," he said.

And then he shut the door closed and came around to his side of the car.

I looked down at all my paperwork and then sighed as I shifted uncomfortably. Though I didn't feel the IUD, I still felt the discomfort of having my uterus pried open with no pain control.

My gaze fell to the consent form, where beneath all else, there was a box checked off 'NOT PREGNANT'. "

"Baby," I laughed, remembering the procedure. "Why was the lady doing an ultrasound to check for pregnancy, and I swear she had it on my belly for five whole minutes I'm thinking 'noooooo, she found a baby in there'."

Miles snickered.

"I was gone tell her... get rid of it!!!"

He stopped laughing quickly to glare at me.

"What??" I laughed. "I did this just so we wouldn't have a baby.. hello??"

He made a motion like he was about to do a u-turn.

"Let's go get it reversed."

I cackled as I smacked his arm.

"A baby is the last thing we need right now, Miles."

"You think so?" He smirked. "The days you don't come over.. I'm at home by myself sitting in the quiet like damn... I wouldn't mind chillin with Miles Jr. right now..."

"Miles... baby.." I touched his cheek lovingly. "You don't need a child... you need a job."

He snorted. "That too."

"Are you excited for your interview tomorrow?" I asked as he drove us to his apartment.

He had prepared a bit but never when I was around, although I was more than willing to help.

"Excited is not a word I'd use. Ready to get it over with? Yee."

We made it back to his apartment and as soon as the door opened, I walked straight to his bedroom and plopped down, face first.

Miles entered the bedroom a little after me and sat down next to me.

"You still going tonight?" He asked.

"Yeah.."

We had a walk through for Ali's wedding.

"Aight.. Imma be out too.."

I turned my head. "Out where?"

"Dev's back in town so we going out.." he said, referring to his classmate that moved to New York after graduation.

I raised a brow. "Who's we?"

"A couple people we went to school with.."

"A couple people being.....?"

"Leel, Reese, Caleb, Mia, Izzy and I think Sunny coming too," he added. "Probably after whatever y'all got going on.."

"....Love how you snuck her name in," I laughed as I turned my head the other way.

Miles chuckled too. "It'll be chill. And he's only here one night, I can't miss it."

"I didn't say not to go."

"So why you making funny faces?" He shot back.

I turned to face him to show him the amusement on my face.

"I'm not making funny faces. Go hang out with Isabe– I mean Devon.. I don't care," I joked.

Miles kissed his teeth. "Why do you do that? I'm not hanging out with her, I'm kickin it with my friend I haven't seen since May.. if you wanna come, come with Sunny."