I subtly glance around the room until I see him. His expensive suit is a magnet for young and beautiful women. They stand around him while he talks about who knows what, wooing them. My stomach churns with a mixture of sickness and anger. He will not be getting any of those women tonight, or another woman ever.

He will get a chance to woo me, and I'll make him believe he has. My in will be easy and predictable.

I tune it out, all of it except the music. Focus and discipline have gotten me this far, I just need to do this a little bit longer. Then the night will be something good.

I block it all out until I hear the beginning notes of my last song, the one that signals me to prepare for a big show to gain his attention. I get one shot, and I need to be perfect.

Louis, before he begins singing, announces the upcoming switch. He sells it as everyone's last chance to see 'their best' at work. Everyone's eyes are on me as I let everything go. No eyes on me, no nerves, just the power I feel from knowing I have the chance to take away some of the hatred in this world so soon.

I pull myself up high, wrapping the silk around me before it's secured, taking the rest and wrapping it around my free leg enough for me to let it hold me up.

I go into a back bend, suspended freely, looking at everyone from this angle for a few moments. Their curious gazes fuel me. I look at Adam, noting his locked-in stare.

I pull myself back up, letting the fabric unfurl to get a fresh start. I feel my core shaking from the strength, trying to ignore it. I lock myself in with a wristlock before threading myself through the fabric like a needle. One leg back, I'm extended again but upright. I spin a few times naturally, getting a good look at everyone and everything.

I get into a footlock, releasing my wrist and doing a back sail to transition, giving my body a brief break.

I then rewrap myself securely in the fabric before doing a wrapped straight leg for my finish, floating effortlessly. My body hangs, my right leg securely stepping on the fabric while the other points out and away from my body wrapped neatly. The crowd claps, looking like big-mouthed bass as they stare. I give nothing, not even a glimpse of a satisfied or gracious smile as the song ends and I release myself from the fabric, sliding down it and back onto solid ground.

My fingers weave through the fabric as I stare right at Adam York, my intention to make him think he's piqued my interest. It's worked, that much is clear. He walks over, his chest on display as he walks with purpose.

I act unbothered for a moment but put on the best smile I can while I fight the urge to throw up. Or worse, kill him in front of everyone before he can even say a word.

I listen closely to the fact that there's a random song playing, now. One Louis and Harry aren't playing. That means they're on a break. The idea of Harry having a chance to witness the upcoming interaction makes me even more nauseous.

I'm on my feet, letting him follow me somewhere more private. The less eyes on us the better. I hope I've done enough to get him to follow me. I weave my way behind the stage, praying to God that Zayn has had enough time to get into the hotel security system to ensure there's zero chance that I'm being filmed luring him to his death.

I sense him behind me and I turn around.

"You danced beautifully, miss."

I alternate my weight onto my other foot, leaning against the wall. His voice makes me want to do incredibly murderous things. He stares at me, eyes turning to playful slits while he puts on a thick, toothy smile. I swallow my nerves and speak, praying I'm putting off a concealed sound that he won't recognize.