Volume 1 Chapter 14

Start from the beginning

~Back to the match again~

Sakanoue approaches the goal and tries to score a goal, but Norika manages to block his attack.

Norica: I won't let you score so easily!

Sakanoue is a little upset, but he's not going to give up. Raymond's team started to quarrel, Tatsumi wanted to intervene, but stopped.

Okuiri: They are much stronger than I expected...
Hiura: Now is not the time to praise them!

He said angrily. Many have noticed that a rift has begun in the Raymond team. The guys decided to return to the game. Hiura has the ball and tries to score a goal with an Ice Arrow, which surprised many, but Endo easily blocks his attack.

Gojin: What are you doing?!
Kozomaru: Pass the ball to me, and don't use useless technique!

Tonegawa Tousen's team now has the ball, the guys go around Raymond's team and score the first goal. The score is 0:1 in Raymond's favor. The first half ended and everyone returned to their benches. Tatsumi decided to approach Endo.

Tatsumi: Endo...

Endo stopped.

Tatsumi: You're great.
Endo: You're Michinari, Captain Raymond, right?

Tatsumi was surprised.

Tatsumi: Do you know me?
Endo: Of course I know.
Tatsumi: I lost to you without a chance...

He said, frustrated.

Endo: Hey, the match isn't over yet.

He tried to cheer him up.

Tatsumi: You're too good a captain, I'm not even close to you.

His words made Endo frown.

Endo: Michinari!
Tatsumi: I'm a terrible captain...
Endo: Then tell me, what should a good captain be like?
Tatsumi: What? Well...

He was confused.

Endo: The captain is not always the person who stands in the foreground. Who stands behind and supports others if they have problems and want to give up, is also a captain, right?

He spoke with a grin.

Endo: Is it bad to be the captain you want to be?

He hit him lightly in the chest.

Endo: Be a captain in your own way!

After these words, he left, waving his hand at him. Tatsumi was shocked, as he had already heard similar words from Nosaka (Hit).

*Memories*

Yuma (Hit): Being a captain is very difficult because you have to make difficult decisions for the good of the team. And also to maintain balance. After all, in case of loss, the captain suffers the most. The team will always rely and blame everything on you, no matter how old they are. The captain is almost the second coach.
Tatsumi: I understand, but I can't be as good a captain as Endo... No matter how hard I try to be like him, it's useless...

He sounded sad.

Yuma (Hit): Of course. You will never be able to become the same as Endo, because you are not him. You should choose your own path, and not try to become someone's carbon copy. Remember, everyone has their own personality, so try to use your approach to the guys, not someone else's. Show me your own abilities as a leader.