Triple threat! Truck guy, Luck guy, Funk guy!

Start from the beginning

"Sure, hop in, we'll cruise around Route 2 for a bit"

All three of them got into the car and Truck guy revved off the engine, it made a loud sharp noise before it began to hum with vigor, and the truck zoomed past the fields of Sheridan rushing through the rocky path, this path was to traverse on foot, but on a vehicle it was child's play.

Ray was awestruck by how easily the Truck moved through the Path, while Aelita, who hadn't been in a vehicle before, was a little scared at first but soon got over it because of how much fun it was.

They soon made it to Route 2 and we're cruising along the field smoothly.
The dark-skinned boy hasn't felt this relaxed in a long while, "Truck Guy... This is amazing, what made you just wanna drive around like this all the time?"

"Well, boy, apart from it just being fun, when I was a kid, I heard a story of a Pikachu clown that drove around the Torren Region in a Taxi. He had many adventures and even drove around the champion of the region who saved the world once...

I thought to myself, wouldn't it be nice to do the same when I grew up? Heck, maybe one day I'll be driving around the Future Champion of Aevium. Hahaha,"

Truck Guy's words filled Ray with determination; he wanted to become Champion,  alongside finding Melia, and he wanted to be the best like no one ever was; he clenched his fist and smiled.
"That's gonna be me; I'm on a journey to defeat all the Gym leaders and become champion; just you wait!"

Aelita smiled as well, happy that her friend was enjoying himself.

(Torren Region? Haven't heard of a region like that, sounds like there'd be an insurgence there or something) Ray thought to himself.

Some minutes later they return to Sheridan and bid Farewell to Truck Guy.

"Maybe I'll see you someday in a different town Ray, good luck with your journey,"

"Thank you, see you soon,"

"Bye-bye!"

Aelita and Ray waved farewell to the Truck driver as he drove off to another town, and someday their paths would cross again.

LUCKY ENCOUNTER

(This event took place before Ray and Melia's date in a goldenleaf forest, right after Ray caught Bellsprout)

After catching about five Grass-type Pokemon in the forest park,  Ray and his Partner Piplup stumble upon a strange-looking building shaped like a black top hat.

"Hmmm, this place is really sus... My brain is telling me to stay away... But my adolescent heart is egging me on! Let's check it out Pip!"

"Pipluuuuuuu!"

Ray forces his starter through the front door of the house and is greeted by a plethora of Ghost-type Pokemon, some of which he had never even seen before.

His Pokedex identified the strangest one, which was a humanoid shadow with yellow eyes, as Marshadow, a mythical Pokemon.

"Wow, this place is wicked; it must be some sort of ghost house!"

"Wrong, it's my Luck house!"

"Wahhhhhhhh!", "Pipluuuuuuuu!"

Ray and Piplup are startled by the appearance of a top hat-wearing man with an elegant-looking waistcoat and
Cane, who came out of nowhere.

"Who the hell are you?!"

"I'm Mr Luck, the owner of this lovely little Shack, now my good sir, who might you be?"