"Lemme guess...hmmmm, bumped into your ex and decided to kiss her..?", I cut his sentence as a mix of anger and sadness rushed through me.

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, while closing his eyes.

"Why won't you just let me explain?", he said as he looked up at me and I caught a glimpse of just in his eyes.

The type that you just wanna hug and comfort.

God, what the fuck is wrong with you, Lee Nari?

Stop thinking about him like that.

So I just kept quiet.

"First, she bumped into me and when she recognized me, she started chatting until she suddenly kissed me...", as he continued I saw him clenching his jaw.

"I didn't know what was happening and couldn't process it, until when I did, I pushed her off of me.. but I guess what you saw was when she was kissing me."

Suddenly, the memory of the scene came back to me like a nightmare, and I suddenly felt the urge to throw up the coffee I drank a few hours ago.

Part of me wanted to still hate him and not believe him, but the other half was definitely believing his words.

I sighed and looked at him.

"I mean, I saw what I saw, but I guess I did need to hear that..", I said

"So...are we still on this fake relationship..?", he asked, I honestly didn't know whether to call it that or not, but since the others believed that we were together, especially Yeji I just nodded.

"Great then, I'll be heading out now...see you at home.", he stated as he stood up and walked out of the cafe.

I just stared at his long figure walking out from the glass window until it it disappeared.

He didn't even offer me a ride.

I scoffed and got up taking my stuff and left the cafe as well.

The moon was full today, which was a nice thing, cause I really like the moon.

As I was walking I felt a car following me from behind.

Fear and nervousness washed through me as I started walking faster.

But, of course the car came fast enough.

I didn't dare to look at the car and closed my eyes.

Well, I guess this is my end.

I didn't even get to experience marriage or say goodbye to my mom, or travel to Italy with my future husband, or even have the two kids I've always wanted.

"Why are you just standing there Nari? Get inside.", A voice I heard not too long ago said.

I opened my eyes only to see Hyunjin standing there in front of his car.

"Why are you here?", I asked confused.

" you really thought I'd let you walk alone at night, now way.", he said, which confused me even more.

"Then why didn't you tell me to go with you..?"

"Cause I thought you would come either way."

Seriously?

This dudes ego is something else.

"Whatever.", I said and walked into the passenger seat.

Then he followed and got into the driver seat and started driving without saying anything else.

As soon as we arrived, I went straight to my room and finished my night routine and layed on my bed.

Suddenly, my phone dinged, and I went to see who texted me.

Surprisingly, it was Minho.

Cat daddy🐱‼️

Heeyyy riri!
How r u?
I didn't get to ask before sorry cause
I was busy.

Hey Minho
I'm doing great dw!
How r u?

Better now, cause I'm talking to you😉
Hope your bf isn't next to you👀

Haha no he isn't 😭

Good to know
Alright well I just wanted to check up on you
Sweet dreams riri💗

Sweet dreams to you too Minho💗

................

He then hearted the message and I closed my phone smiling at his sweetness, then I slowly drifted off to sleep.

A/N
Hope y'all are liking the story so far!
Btw happy birthday Han Jisung!!🥳🥳