𝟏.𝟎𝟏- 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐬

Start from the beginning

Before I could even protest Maddie had taken the doll out of my hand and was going over to my drawer to get dance clothes out for me. Ever so dramatically I flopped back on my bed and groaned.

"Ugh!" I exclaimed. "I don't want to go to dance."

Maddie frowned, placing a pair of black booty shorts on my bed and a light purple bra top with spaghetti straps to go with it, "Why not?" she asked.

Maddie sat down beside me, "Because Miss Abby always compared me to you," I replied.

"Yeah," she shrugged at my reasoning as though it were stupid. "But you aren't me. Miss Abby is just mean."

Maddie wasn't wrong there. Miss Abby would always post her dancers weights on the bulletin board in the dressing room. And one time she made a post of a poster of some male dancer, it was offensive to girl dancers. And it was a stolen photo. Miss Abby almost got sued and mommy had to help her take it down.

One time my weight was posted on the bulletin board. It was embarrassing and I've refused to check the board ever since then.

With a strong grasp, Maddie began running a brush through my hair. She pulled it back tightly and wrapped a hair tie around it. I shook my head once she was done and made sure it wouldn't come out.

"Go get changed," Maddie instructed me.

With one last sigh I sauntered into the bathroom and replaced my pajamas with my dance clothes. One exciting thing about this whole filming thing would be that I got to miss school today for dance. That would definitely be the highlight of my day.

I made my way back into my bedroom once I had my dance clothes on. I went to my closet and tossed the pajamas into my hamper. Then I pulled out a pair of grey sweatpants and pulled them on over my shorts. Over my purple top was a navy blue crewneck with Tigger from Winnie The Pooh in the center of it. I pulled on some white socks and my brown Ugg boots.

Despite being the later part of early April the weather outside still sent chills down my spine. I picked up my dance bag, which was pastel pink (my ultimate favorite color). It was just a plain bag.

As slowly as possible I stepped into the kitchen just in time to hear mommy say for, most likely, the billionth—

"Mackenzie Frances Ziegler enough! For the last time you are not quitting dance for karate!" Mommy snapped.

I giggled playfully in Kenzie's ear, "Ohhh," I hummed. "You're in trouble."

"Am not!" she exclaimed back at me with a scowl, which quickly turned into a pout. She walked out the door quickly.

Mommy sighed and picked up Kenzie's dance bag on the floor, "Don't get her more riled up," she warned me.

I went to the fridge and looked for strawberry yogurt cup only to find we were out. So I grabbed an apple juice and then closed the fridge, taking a strawberry pop tart off of the counter instead. Strawberry was my favorite flavor.

Maddie had stepped into the room and up to the fridge. She filled up a water bottle for dance.

"Come on, girls. Let's go. You know how Abby will be if we're late," mommy said.