Chapter 3: Beautiful Princess

Start from the beginning

To find her desirable partner, Bindu resolved to embark on a journey, concealing her identity as a princess. She intended to visit various towns, mingling with their inhabitants as a commoner to understand their needs and aspirations before settling down and find her suitable husband within the nation. Her first destination would be Purusapura, a bustling city in her own kingdom.

Bindu approached her father's chamber with a bright smile on her face. "Pranipath, Pithashree," she greeted her father with respect. "I want to announce that I want to explore my nation and learn about our people before I get married."

Kamalesh, her father, responded warmly, "Oh, my dear daughter, you have our full support and blessing to do whatever you wish to explore and learn about our country."

Bindu continues with a hint of hesitation, "Thank you, Pithashree. However, I also want to explore without revealing my identity."

Kamalesh was concerned, "Daughter, I must tell you it's not safe for you to wander around the city with no one knowing who you are."

Bindu insists, "I understand, Pithashree, but I am determined to make you proud by learning about the land and people before I settle down."

Kamalesh, understanding her determination, replies, "Your desire to explore and grow is admirable, my child. I will always be proud of you. Still, for your safety, I have one condition: you must promise not to visit Haripur, the third-tier city."

Bindu agrees with gratitude, "Thank you, Pithashree. I promise to abide by your wishes, and I truly appreciate your support."

Kamalesh nodded, "Very well. I will arrange for some people to monitor you discreetly while you are exploring. Be cautious and enjoy your journey, daughter!"

Bindu began her journey in the city of Purusapura, wearing traditional attire made of jute, which the locals commonly use. She arrived at the cave city and found a hermitage to stay in. She ate the local food and engaged in various activities, such as helping the citizens with their work and even taking a job as a pottery seller. Bindu quickly adjusted to the community and developed an understanding of the people's problems, helping them whenever she could.

After a few days, a man named Kasist arrived in the city. He was a new milkman, having recently taken up a job as a milk vendor. Upon seeing Bindu, who was selling pottery, he was captivated by her beauty. He approached her and introduced himself. In the city of Purusapura, Bindu, dressed in local jute attire, greeted a newcomer named Kasist. Kasist, smitten by Bindu's beauty, complimented her, says, "I haven't seen an artist as beautiful as art itself."

Bindu chuckles and informs him she was only selling pottery, as her mother, Chandrika, was the skilled potter. Chandrika was good with pottery making hence she makes pottery in front of peasant's house

Curious about the talented mother-daughter duo, Kasist approached Chandrika and playfully asks, "How is it you have not aged like your daughter? What secret are you hiding?"

Chandrika, amused by Kasist's assumption, replies, "Well, I must say that nature has been very kind to me." She chuckles and adds, "But, unfortunately, I am not Bindu's mother. She is not my daughter, after all."

Feeling embarrassed for the mix-up, Kasist managed a weak smile and says, "I did not realize... I apologize for any confusion."

Bindu and Chandrika laughs together at Kasist's confusion, and Bindu, in a friendly manner, advised him, "It's alright, but next time, it's better to research and understand the people before you approach them."

The conversation left Kasist blushing, and he walked away feeling both amused and slightly mortified, while Bindu and Chandrika shared a good laugh at his innocent mistake.