☆Chapter 12: Candied Apples☆

Start from the beginning

     "Oh." Marshall looked down at the container and offered a smirk before floating away.

     "UUGGHH! COME BACK YOU... YOU... BLOOD SUCKING BEAST!" Gumball chased after the other male, leaving Fionna to herself to tend to the candied dip. 

She sighed softly and shook her head, a smile painted on her face.

      "Boys." 

Marshall floated next to the girl and grinned.

     "I'm a red sucking beast, isn't that right?" 

She blushed at his sudden appearance and watched as Marshall took a bite out of an apple and sucked the red out of the fruit. 

     "And red will always taste the best." 

     "Unfortunately for you, Fionna and I can't taste colors. So stop wasting the fruit and turning it white!" Gumball returned to Fionna's other side and began to help the girl once more in making the candied apples. 

     "Oh! Fionna, are you alright? You've got the syrup all over your hands."

She smiled sheepishly when Gumball took her wrist and inspected her syrupy coated fingers. 

      "I'm not really the best cook... I'm actually quite clumsy when it comes to this sort of stuff."

      "Oh... but I thought you were a marvelous chef! That's why I invited you to the ball to help make the food that will be served!"

     "Right... that." Fionna looked away and frowned.

      "Cake is the one that cooks in the family. Not me." 

Gumball stared at Fionna with a shocked expression before his own cheeks started to turn a bright pink.

      "O-Oh! My sincerest apologies! I thought it was you who always cooked... that's why... Oh Glob, how foolish of me! I'm so sorry, Fionna! I didn't realize..." 

Fionna laughed and shook her head.

      "Don't worry about it! Besides, we're making up for it now by making these candied apples, right?"

Gumball nodded and smiled before his eyes flickered to her fingers. Without any sort of hesitation, the Prince brought her fingers to his mouth and began to lick the sugary liquid off. 

      "P...PG!" She cried out, her face turning to a bright red in a matter of seconds. 

      "W-What are you doing?" Fionna retracted her hand as quickly as possible, though it was already too late as he had already cleaned up a majority of the syrup that was on her hand. 

     "I was simply helping you clean up. I feel terribly ashamed to force you into such a role for the ball... so I apologize for that and I just wanted to help." He replied innocently.

Fionna stared at the Prince with a look of disbelief, her face still at the temperature of the sun.

      "Woah woah. Wait. Hold up. Fionna, it looks like your mouth is dirty too." Marshall chuckled and placed a hand under Fionna's chin.

      "Let me just clean that up for you too." He smirked and quickly closed the gap. 

PUNCH!

PUNCH!

      "Hmpf!" 

Fionna stormed out of the kitchen with both her hands balled into tight fists.

     "Why'd you have to take the joke so far..." Gumball whined as he held onto his cheek.

      "You're the one who started it." Marshall hissed as he held his own cheek as well. 

✿✿✿ Author's Note ✿✿✿

Thank you for sticking around so far! If you have any questions or comments please feel free to ask! 

I really appreciate it and I hope you have a marvelous day today!!! ❤

Art by zoon-chan.deviantart.com