Nighttime Reminiscing

Start from the beginning

"Okay so one time papa was really silly and broke up with momma. But then they got back together and knew that they were really in love. And momma's contract, that's a really big word but it just means promise, with Dancing with the Stars was up and Momma was going to be done with the show. And then we were going on a cruise to celebrate but Papa had an idea for something before the cruise."

"I wanna propose." Maks announced as he was standing in Val and Kelly's kitchen with Val. Peta and Kelly had went shopping to get things for the cruise.

"Okay. Did you just decide this?" Val said laughing at his brother.

"No jerk, I've been thinking about this for forever."

"Chill I was just teasing. I know you've been wanting this for a long time. So how do you want to do it? We have the cruise coming up."

"Yeah no, I feel like that's obvious. I wanna surprise her with this. Like something outta left field. I wanna do it before the cruise so the cruise can kinda be like a celebration. I mean I know it is already for you guys and being done with the show but this is different. Is that okay?"

"Why wouldn't that be okay man?"

"I don't know. It's your trip too for you being done as much as P's. I don't wanna over shadow that if I propose before we leave."

"You're not going to and Kel and I would be thrilled for you. We've been waiting for you to grow some balls for forever!"

"Shut it! I had to make sure it was all good. What if she says no?"

"Maksim Alexsanderovich Chmerkovskiy. Seriously?"

"Did you just full name me?"

"Yes. You deserved it for asking that question. She's not going to tell you no. She's loved you forever. Even when you guys were broken up it was still there. You guys were meant to be together."

"You're sure?"

"Yes! Now let's decide how you're gonna do this."

"Well I want it to be low key. Nothing crazy. Just the two of us. But I want it to be special."

"Okay so where is some place special to you guys? You both like to relax on the beach."

"Ehh no the beach is too cliche. Everyone does that crap. I need something better for my girl."

"Hey! I proposed on the beach!"

"That's cause that's Kel's safe spot. That's different."

"Okay so where's P's?"

"Umm, the swing."

"Can you do it there?"

"I could."

"You could make her dinner and then go out out there and then maybe have it hidden? You could decorate, lightsome candles or something. Maybe lights. Girls like that stuff."

"Says the man who has been married for a year now."

"And I continue to romance my wife. Listen to me, even if you're doing this at home you still need to spice it up. Your patio isn't that awesome."

"How am I going to pull that off? If she's home all the time and I'm doing dinner too. Not that she's on top of me but when we're both home we usually spend our time together."

"Hmmm...what if we told her we were all going out to dinner. And her and Kel could go dress shopping and we'd send them to get their hair and nails done. Then I can come help you and Kel will have her outta the house."