Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

Camila closed her eyes and waited for it.

"So what's it mean, then?"

Camila dropped her fork on the plate and got up with a magnificent eye-roll and stormed out of the kitchen.

"And you thought she just missed us." Sinuhe took a sip of her tea. Joseph ducked back behind the morning news.

__________________________________________________________________

Lauren felt much better after her shower. It may have had something to do with the joint she shared with Lily before taking the shower, but regardless, she didn't feel like death anymore, so that's all that mattered.

She reentered Lily's bedroom wrapped in a towel, her black hair dripping. The brunette watched her from her place by the window as she opened Lily's wardrobe in search of something to wear.

"Do you want to do something today?"

Lauren looked over her shoulder. "You mean besides working at the shop?"

"I'm the boss. I just gave us the day off." Lily gave Lauren a wicked grin.

Lauren bit her lip and thought about it for a second. "Alright. Should we see if Ally and Troy want to come too?"

"I'll ask." Lily pressed a few buttons on her cell phone.

Lauren was reminded that she hadn't checked her messages since sometime in between kind of drunk and off her face smashed when she had also decided it was a great idea to text Camila even though she hadn't heard from her in days.

She began hunting around the room in search of her purse, partly because she needed to find it and partly because she couldn't remember exactly what she had sent to Camila and had to make sure it wasn't too embarrassing. Just let me know that you're still there.

"Ally's in. Troy said he can't use up valuable time flitting around the city when there's studying to be done and the end of the school year is approaching at a rapid pace." Lily was reading Troy's text off her phone. "That's a quote."

"This is why I don't carry a fucking purse!" Lauren continued searching the premises.

"You left it at the club. We couldn't find it."

Lauren stopped and looked at Lily with disbelief. "Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Sorry, Laur. Zayn said he'd bring it by if anyone finds it."

Lauren sat down on the bed in defeat. "But what if she calls me back?" She looked to Lily for the answer.

__________________________________________________________________

"Uncle Keith thinks you should get it on with a chick before you head back to San Francisco. Thinks it'll calm the nerves. He's got this friend, now, she's not that great to look at, but she's totally down for a little girl on girl action."

Camila had only lasted half a cup of coffee with her mom before she remembered that Sinuhe knew everything and refused to let people wallow in their self-pity, which is exactly what Camila wanted to do.

She had called Harry to meet her at their spot, a little park in the middle of a bunch of houses, the one with the mural of windmills. He had decided to take an extended break, and he knew his uncle wouldn't mind. Camila was just as much his niece as Harry was his nephew, regardless if the latter half was true or not.

"Harry. Shut up." Camila took another long drag off her cigarette.

"I'm just trying to help ya, Babe."