“Cleaning up?” I asked as I walked over to my bed. Annabeth nodded as she stuffed a scroll onto the top shelf.

“Could you tell me where the inspectors are?” she asked trying to get a look out the window. I nodded,

“Sure.” I walked over to the window and searched for the inspectors. “They are by the Aphrodite cabin. There making their way.” I ran back to my bed and made it as fast as possible. Annabeth stuffed the last of the scrolls into the shelves. The inspectors, Travis and Connor Stoll, walked inside just as we finished up. Annabeth and I put our hands behind our back and put on smiles. Travis and Connor looked around, said,

“Not bad. We’ll give it a four out of five.” They waved goodbye and left. Annabeth and I exhaled and started to crack up. I felt pretty stupid doing so, but I couldn’t help it.

“That was pretty close,” Annabeth said between giggles. I nodded, gripping my aching stomach,

“It wouldn’t have been good, that’s for sure!” Annabeth and I ended up on the ground, rolling around laughing. When we were finally able to get our breath, I sighed.

“Annabeth, are you going to Leo’s farewell fireworks?” Annabeth nodded, sitting up and brushing her hair out of her face.

“Yeah. I hope he has snacks.” I nodded,

“I will make sure he does, or else I am not coming!” Annabeth giggled and stood up. I always had a good time with Annabeth and I think she felt the same way. She didn’t shield herself around me and I didn’t either. If I wasn’t going through with my plan, we would have become great friends.

“Well, I will meet you there. I have got to go talk to Chiron before I go tomorrow.” Annabeth said, still smiling before she left the cabin. My smile turned into a frown as soon as she left. She would never remember anything about me. I shook it off and decided to look at some of the scrolls she had been reading. I stood up and walked over to the bookshelf. I skimmed through some of the titles until I found one that had been hastily put away. I pulled it out and read the cover, which wasn’t hard since it was in ancient Greek.

Mother Earth’s Autobiography

The first thought that popped into my mind was, Mother Earth wrote an Autobiography? I shook my head, trying to push that thought aside. I knew it probably wasn’t funny, but the main title was. I put it back and found another one.

Seven Easy Ways To Irritate Nature

I was dumbfounded. How do you Irritate nature? I shook my head again because that title was funny too. I stuffed it onto the shelf and pulled out one of the last ones,

Gaea’s Kids Scrapbook

I was completely stunned on that one. Who would make a book like that? If I were one of Gaea’s kids, I would punch her in her earthy nose for making this book. I mentally face palmed and put the scroll back. Ugh....... I needed to focus on something else. Just for kicks, I pulled out my phone and took a pictures of the titles of all the books. Leo would get a kick out of these. I looked back at my bed and thought about what I could take with me tonight. I had researched about the Mist, and I had learned that you could take things with you as long as they were attached to your body, but I wondered if you held them if it would work. I shrugged and picked up my favorite teddy bear I had brought from Utah. I pulled it close and breathed in the familiar smell. It had always comforted me and I hoped it would give me strength tonight. I looked down at my clothes. I had a Camp Half-Blood t-shirt on and some of my favorite pants. My favorite sneakers were on my feet, even though they had four or so holes on each foot. I didn’t care. I had no jewelry on but some owl earrings my HUMAN mom had given me. My hair was in a ponytail and I had an extra rubberband on my wrist. The rubber band had broken before, and there was a knot securing it, but it made it even more special in my opinion. If I went out, I wanted to go out like this, decked head to toe in my favorite things. I even loved my socks. I put down my teddy bear and walked over to my nightstand that I shared with the girl above me. I opened up the drawer, reached inside, and pulled out the books of the future. Everyone in the cabin knew not to look into them and so far, no one had. I read the titles and held back some sobs. The Son of Neptune, The Mark of Athena, and The House of Hades. I found my school backpack I had brought and stuffed my books into them. I looked back into the drawer and pulled out my journal. I had everything, EVERYTHING, documented in this book. From capture the flag games, to just daily life, it was there. I stuffed it into my backpack as well. I looked back inside the drawer and pulled out a book Annabeth had put together for me. The Ultimate Guide to Camp Half-Blood. (A/N- It is the Percy Jackson & the Olympians- The Ultimate Guide. Rick added some details, but most of it was made by Annabeth.) I crammed the book into the backpack as well. I hoped all of this stuff came with me. I put a few scrolls into the backpack and a notebook and pencil. You never knew when you needed to look up Greek Info. I felt my pocket and pulled out my dagger pencil. The mechanical pencil felt amazing in my hand, as if I had power. (To write anything, or defeat a monster. Whichever one came first.) I put the pencil in my pocket and looked into my trunk. I doubted I would need my sword and armor. I reached into the bottom and pulled out my pack of gum. It had been a few months since it was given to me, but I tried to save it. I had only a few pieces left so I took one out and stuffed the rest into the backpack. I popped the minty piece into my mouth and exhaled as the taste filled my mouth. I threw the wrapper away and looked into my backpack. I had everything I needed. I zipped up the backpack and placed it by the door. I would come back later before the fireworks, but I would leave it here for now. I walked out the door, drachma in hand, ready to talk to my favorite person in the world.

Hello once more! Reminder- If you find any mistakes, ANYTHING, please comment or tell me some way. Thanks!

Happy Reading!