I

Hi. My name is Leanne.
I'm fourteen, going on fifteen in about 2 weeks or so.
I'm majority Filipino, and about 1/8 Japanese.
But I was born and raised here in America, so I basically have the life of an American.
Here's my life story.
I was born in San Francisco, California. I moved to Seattle, Washington when I was two.
I grew up without a father and my mother barely being at my side. All she did was work to provide for me, and I feel that she is the best mother in the world. Sacrificing everything for me. Although she raised me pretty well.
Despite being happy (?), I have some- well, a lot of insecurities.
I'm skinny, but it isn't my fault.
I'm nowhere near fair skinned.
I wear glasses and my teeth aren't pretty,
So I look like garbage, even if I try to be pretty.
That's why I can never find a guy to like me.

Over my freshman year, I had an insane crush on a guy named Jeremiah. But I knew he wouldn't like me. So when summer passed by, my feelings also passed by.

Present Day
(Author speaking. I didn't really include the story of my freshman year bcos it wasn't really interesting haha ok)
It was the first day of sophomore year.
We have rotations in school. So we have 7 classes, with 5 a day. So we started with period 1 (obviously).
As I walked to class, I saw Jeremiah.
I thought to myself, "Omg I hope he's not in my class!"
But guess what.
He went to the same class I was going to.
Ugh!
"Okay." I thought to myself. "Act cool. He won't notice you if you act all natural."
So we went to our assigned seats and we sat in alphabetical order.
Thank goodness.
My last name starts with D and his starts with G. So we're not sitting by each other.
But then, he sits by his friend, Lawrence.
My feelings came back I supposed, since I'm always catching myself staring at him.
I noticed that Lawrence and Jeremiah were having a "whisper" conversation. They seem so close together that they're gossiping. I caught Jeremiah looking back at me while talking to Lawrence.
Are they talking about me?
Is there something on my face?
Is my hair messy?
Oh my gosh, what could they be talking about?
I felt a little awkward because they kept looking at me while they were talking. But, who knows. They could be talking about something different.
Since our desks face each other, I'm facing him and he's facing me (But we don't sit that close by each other?).
So that means he could catch me staring at him.
Turns out that while I was copying notes from the board behind Jeremiah, I caught him staring at me.
How awkward can this get?
No, Leanne. Your feelings are coming back.
YOU DON'T LIKE HIM!
*Bell Rings*
Finally. Class is done. I can get outta here.
I hope Jeremiah's not in my next class.
As I walk out the door, I feel a hand grasping my shoulder.

"Leanne. Can we talk?"