Chapter 2

Silvanie was currently sitting on a bench outside the elders tree. Alar had went in to report what he had found on border patrol. He promised not to mention her. animals and elves alike walked past her. They were used to her sitting there. She hoped Alar would come back soon. She was bored. She would have gone and caused some trouble, but she promised not to.

The door to the tree opened a few minutes later. Alar appeared, holding his helmet to his hip. "Lets go." Without another word he marched into the forest, placing his helmet on a low hanging branch.

"Where are we going?" She followed him curiously. He didn't answer, just kept walking.
They had been walking for about an hour and they were deep in the forest. Alar turned around abruptly, causing Silvanie to bump into his chest.
"We finally stop at....... where are we?" She looked around for familiar sights.
Alar let out a small sigh. "We are at the most sacred tree in the forest, where you will begin your training. Climb it. Now." He had his same monotone expression, but Silvanie's was shocked.
"T-traning?!" She giddly bounced up and down.
"Climb the tree!" He pointed to the tree. She hurried over and began to climb it, but fell almost every second. She finally made it to the top, to reveal the greatest view she had ever seen. The forest stretched on for miles. She could see the beginning of the kingdom far in the distance.
"It's beautiful, isn't it." She turned around to see Aral. "My mentor had me to meditate here. I still do. You try." He started to meditate and she soon joined him. They meditated till the sun went down and they returned to the village.