Chapter Twelve.............Shutting up the Family

Start from the beginning

"Are you ok?" He looked me up and down before he hugged me.

"I'm good. I just want to piss my mom off." I laughed as he ran a hand down my body. He smiled as I let out a gasp.

"You look so hot....." He bent down to kiss my neck and I stopped him.

"Not now. I have to get on stage." I smiled as I rubbed my hand against his groin. He groaned as I walked away.

"So not fair!" He hissed as Kenny called me to the stage.

As I took the stage, Josh, Mike, Matt and Ian joined me. I caught the looks they gave me and I smirked. The lights weren't on as we kicked into a fun song.

Well he looks at me with those innocent eyes

and says It looks like you're wearing some kind of disguise,

because your hair sticks up, your shoes are untied

and I hope that you got that shirt at half price

And every word I say falls flat on the floor

I try to tell a joke he's heard it before

and I don't think that I can take it no more

he's driving me right, out my front door

Why do you do what you do to me baby?

Shaking my confidence,

driving me crazy!

You know if I could I'd do anything for you

Please don't ignore me cause you know I adore you

can't you just pretend to be nice?

could you at least pretend to be nice?

If you could just pretend to be nice

then everything in my life would be alright

And I tried so hard just to figure him out

but he won't tell me what he's been thinkin' about

and then he falls asleep on the living room couch

with his sun glasses on, and his tongue hanging out

and then he disappears for a week at a time

and then he shows up, just like everythings fine and

I don't get what goes on in his mind

but I'm tired of hearing the same stupid lines

Why do you do what you do to me baby?

Shaking my confidence,

driving me crazy!

You know if I could I'd do anything for you

Please don't ignore me cause you know I adore you

Can't you just pretend to be nice?

can You at least pretend to be nice?

If you could just pretend to be nice,

then everything in my life would be alright

Why do you do what you do to me baby?

Shaking my confidence,

driving me crazy!

You know if I could I'd do anything for you

don't need to hold you 'cause you know I adore you

Can't you just pretend to be nice?

Could You at least pretend to be nice?

If you could just pretend to be nice?

Then everything in my life would be alright

oeoeoeoeoeoeoooooooo (cant u just pretend to be nice)

The lights came on half way through the song I saw my parents, shocked at what I had on. Shocked that I could sing. I heard the cheers as we kicked into another song.

"So tonight is kind of different for me. My family showed up without telling me. So they wanted to see me play. They don't think music is a viable life choice." I laughed as I kicked off my heels and we started another song.

At the end of the show, Josh was handing out copies of my demo. I laughed as people came up and asked about the songs and I would be doing more shows. It was odd having people ask about me, ask about what made me write my songs. It was nice.

"I was wrong. You have a great talent." My dad said once people left me alone for a few.

"Thanks dad." I smiled as Josh walked up and hugged me from behind resting his chin n my head.

"I mean it. Your grandfather was right. This is what you should do. You were happy and alive up there. You were the happiest I've ever seen you." He seemed to be proud of me as he spoke.

"Thanks. Music is therapy." I gave a small laugh as I saw my mother.

"Emery that was amazing." It looked like it killed her to pay me a compliment.

"Em! You were great! I loved it!!" My sister gushed as she bounced around.

"I'm glad Hadley. Maybe you should take a cd." I smirked as I handed her one.

"Oh my god! You are awesome! Can I come to the next show?" She asked, pleading with me.

"There won't be another for a while. I have a job other then this." I laughed as Josh went to talk to Mike.

"But but....I wanna see you." She sighed.

"Let me see what's up then I can try to work something out. For now I have to get going. I have to work tomorrow. Bye mom. Bye dad." I walked out of the bar and headed to my car.

As I headed home, Josh texted me and asked to meet at his place. I smiled as I thought of what he wanted to do. As I pulled into the lot I waited for Josh. I was playing on my phone when I heard his car alarm. I smiled as I got out and he grabbed me.

"Oh my god....you were amazing and you look so fucking hot. It was hard not to attack you." He growled in my ear as we went to his apartment.

"I had so much fun tonight. It was just wow." I smiled as we got to his door.

As soon as we got in, Josh pressed me against the wall and attacked my neck. I gasped in shock at how forceful he was being.