Macy laughed softly. She leaned her cheek against his chest, circling one arm around his neck.

'You have nothing to worry about Twain. I was never attracted to Ethan or Alec.'

And no other man ever enticed me enough for me to allow them into my bed.

     'Mum ... is dad still here?' Parker came rushing to the lounge to find his mum and dad cuddling.

'I'm still here,' Twain smiled, not releasing Macy, when she tried to get up.

'I'm finished my homework,' Parker went running to them, flinging his arms around his parents.

Macy smiled, Twain curved one arm around Parker's shoulder.

'Dad, stay here tonight, don't leave,' Parker implored.

'Parker, Twain  ...  your dad has to be in theatre, very early in the morning.'

'You can leave from here dad, like mum does,' Parker lifted pleading eyes to his father.

Twain looked at Macy. If she consented, he could get up thirty minutes earlier, dash home, shower, change and still be in theatre on time.

'Only if you feel comfortable to get up so much earlier,' she supplied.
Much as she would love Twain in her bed, she did not want him tired and distracted, when he was performing surgery.

'I'm okay with it, darling,' he smiled.
Was she kidding?
He could think of nothing more therapeutic than unwinding in Macy's arms.

      In the month that followed Twain and Macy's relationship was developing strongly and growing intimately. One thing Macy discovered was her insatiable appetite for her fiancé. Just a meaningful gaze into the depths of her eyes and she would be dripping with desire like hot chocolate sauce over an ice cream. Macy looked forward to their sizzling nights together and their lunch dates every day in the cafeteria. It seems Twain did too, for he came in search of her the one midday.

She was still busy mid-morning with a six month old patient who had influenza. Baby's fever was burning up his body, sending his temperature sky rocketing. Macy had immediately placed him in a tub of luke warm water. The little one was howling his lungs out when Macy lifted him into her arms, and cradled him against her bosom.

'He does not like to be put down,' the mum said, 'and I fear holding him, in case his temperature goes higher,' she sighed in resignation.

'Oh, he just wants some love,' Macy smiled, into the baby's deep blue eyes. He seemed to find her soothing voice pacifying and began making cooing baby sounds.

Twain knocked on Macy's door and entered her surgery. A surge of excitement rippled through Macy. Would he always have that effect on her? He was walking towards her, his eyes trained on her, a devilish smile on his face. Her pulse accelerated. She watched him like a hawk as he continued to stroll in with his hands in his pockets. Twain's smile broadened when he saw his fiancée cradling the baby against her chest, as if she was nursing the little one.

Macy smiled shyly when she saw Twain's eyes fall to the baby. He should not have come in, she was busy with a patient, but then he owned the damn place. The baby's mother gazed admiringly at the drop dead gorgeous man strolling in, she looked curiously at Macy, who did not really want to make introductions, so Twain did the honours.

'Good day,' Twain smiled charmingly, extending his hand to the mother. 'Twain Crawford.'

'Hi,' the mother greeted breathlessly, still staring from Macy to Twain.

'I belong to her,' he informed the mummy, grinning like a Cheshire cat. We're getting married next week.'

'I see,' the mother smiled, directing an envious smile at Macy who just laughed softly at the stunned mother.