But wait! she's completely unharmed.

"Oh I just set off a bomb in Natsu, nothing much," Levy said. Levy acted causal near Lucy.

"W-Whats that mean?" Lucy asked.

Levy laughed, "doesn't include you. You're free now." she then paused, "Not really. You're more like in... Protection. I'm protecting you from that... that GUILD!" She screamed the word 'guild' at the top of her lungs. Lucy flinched.

(let me explain. Dear Reader, Levy created a fake Lucy and gave her all the emotions or actions of the real Lucy. Levy figured it would cause Natsu so much grief he'd give up instantly.)

"What happened? You know with Natsu long ago? I was told but I wanna hear you tell the story," Lucy said. If you don't remember, Erza told Lucy about Levy, and how Levy was beaten near to death by Natsu.

She tried to seem equally casual to Levy but Lucy didn't understand why Natsu hasn't broken through Levy's basement yet. You know, to save Lucy.

"Once upon a time there was a little girl who was considered weak by everyone in the guild, only nobody ever said it. She still knew. One day two boys, Jet and Droy were looking for someone to join their team, she volunteered. They instantly said they wanted to be able to complete missions! THEY SAID THAT! They basically called her weak!

So in order to prove them wrong, she went on a mission. What she didn't know was that, that exact mission was sent out twice at the same guild.
Some sick mistake.
And she was mistaken by the enemy! Her own guild mate! Natsu was that guild mate!" Levy told the story.

"When he saw her, he crushed her. He fire dragon roared her. He fire dragon wing attacked her. Although they were both young, the same age, he was more powerful. Almost killed the girl! She couldn't go back to the guild in that condition but when Natsu saw the insignia she showed him. He carried her back."

"It took three months for her to be able to walk on her own. Natsu never apologized for it, either! When she was sitting in the infirmary, she had alot of time to think for herself. She decided to quit Fairy Tail and become stronger."

"Years later, another new girl comes along and cozies up to Natsu. It's no coincidence that we met each other Lucy," Levy stopped her story and looked at Lucy with a serious look.

"What do you mean?" Lucy asked awkwardly. She didn't like the seriousness in Levy's eyes.

I hope she ain't gay Lucy thought nurvously.

"You've come here not to do a mission, but for us to be friends and I'll protect you from the horrors within Fairy Tail," Levy said kindly.

Lucy's eyes widened in horror.

"You understand now? right?" Levy asked Lucy.

Lucy just stared.

Levy sighed indicating that she gave up, for now. She had been sitting across Lucy on the cement floor in her own basement, there were bars between the two girls.

Levy stood up and whiped away the dust from sitting. Then she looked over at Lucy.

"Do you like books?" Levy asked.

*

As it turned out Levy had a wide variety of different books in a small bookshelf. Lucy was indeed in heaven.

Levy even opened up Lucy's bar doors so they could read.

Lucy and Levy talked about their favorite genre's and books!

"See," Levy exclaimed throwing her hands above her head happily, "I'm made to protect you! I'll be your friend!"

Lucy's mood turned from 'Yay' to 'boo'.

"Aww come on! You and I can do lots of neat stuff!" Levy said smiling.

Lucy shook her head, "you're still kinda creepy."

"Lucy..." Levy's face went serious again, "I'm serious."

"Ya, I can tell your face looks that way," Lucy muttered.

"I'll make a deal with you, if I end up protecting you then you and I stay here forever. If you can, somehow, save ME- Then I'll do whatever you want," Levy said.

Lucy smiled then exclaimed, "Deal!"

Just as that deal was made the windows melted and the door turned ice cold. A blade flew through the air, targeting Levy. It clung to Levy's dress and pulled her with it as it hit the wall.

That's when Natsu, Gray, and Erza broke down Levy's basement wall.