“You guys open up in the morning?” Chanel made it sound like a bad word.

“I guess,” the girl replied, “I don’t know why though, no one really comes here in the morning.”

“Well, except for days like these and people like me…”

“Yeah” the girl smiled.

“You’re pretty.” Chanel thought out loud.

Unused to sudden compliments, the girl stuttered, “Oh… uh- thanks.”

“Don’t you get bored working here when there’s no one?”

“I don’t really have a choice. But it’s kind of good.”

How is it good when you’re on your job and there’s no one to work for?”

The girl looked at her like she’d just given the answer herself.

“Aaaaah!” she nodded her head, “I see…”

“I can do whatever I want and I get paid for it too.”

“Great gal!” Chanel gave her a high five.

“I know!” she returned the five.

“Hmm… so…” Chanel glanced at her name plate, “Lynette, I want something to eat.”

“So I guessed… which pizza would you like to have?”

“Margarita!” she clapped her hands once.

“Okay… I’ll get it for you. Anything else?”

“Nuh-uh”

“Give me fifteen minutes.” She smiled.

Chanel turned around and grabbed a seat. The Shack was empty, except for a man with a hunch sitting in the far end of the room with a newspaper in his hand. She rapidly tapped her index finger on the table, giving away her impatience, and looked all around the room.

In fifteen minutes Lynette brought in the pizza and placed it on her table. “Thank you!” Chanel breathed a sigh of relief.

“So what’s your name?” Lynette asked putting her hands on her hips.

“I’m Chanel Briody” Her mouth was full with pizza. She wiped her hands on her jeans and offered her a hand to shake.

She shook it and smiled, “Lynette Keaton.”

“Oh God… this is so…” Chanel gulped down a morsel “awesome. You guys make it all the time? What do you put in this? Pixie dust?”

“Yeah, I have a jar full of it kept on the shelf.”

“Making friends already?” a husky voice said and Lynette whirled around. A boy with straight dark hair and light blue eyes stood before her, and he was closer than she’d expected. His face was well defined and his jaw line slowly curved smoothly till it reached his chin. His nose was straight and long and his lips were turned up into a half smile. He was wearing well dyed jeans and a white shirt, with a leather jacket around his left arm.

“Yeah, this is my new friend Lynette!” Chanel took another bite. “Lynette, this is Dean.”

Dean gave her a nod, greeting her with an amazing smile, Lynette smiled back. He then walked around her and grabbed the chair opposite to Chanel’s. “So what’s that you’re eating?” he looked at Chanel.

“Margarita and pixie dust.”

He rolled his eyes. “So you guys are new in town I guess?” Lynette looked at them.