Girl Meets Popular

Start from the beginning

"Then you may go." I said.

"Thanks, daddy." Riley hugged me.

"All right, good day, everybody. Class dismissed." I said as everyone started coming into class.

"Sit down!" Cory said sternly.

"Sit down." The three of us said in unison mocking him, before sitting in our seats.

Cory rolled his eyes and began to teach, "So there's this guy Damocles who really really wants to be king. One day he gets an invitation to come sit on the throne and actually hang with royalty."

" No!" Riley yelled.

"Sup, riles?" I said laughing.

Maya added, "Pop's lesson hitting a little close to home?"

"Nope, what he's saying has nothing to do with me." She said trying to convince herself more than us, " Yes, I've been invited to hang with middle-school royalty, but nothing bad could happen."

"I'm sure you're right." I said sarcastically.

"When Damocles sat on the throne he noticed a sword hanging over it, help up by a single tiny thread." Cory continued ignoring the three of us.

I raised my hand, "Violet," Cory called on me.

"So what you're saying is to be careful what you wish for?" I asked.

" Why?" Cory asked hoping I would jump to another point.

" Being what other people want you to be is just a sword hanging over your head." I finished

"Good." Cory said.

"Riley?" Maya asked.

" Nothing to do with me." She said once again.

"Well, looky here, teacher daddy, nothing hanging over my head except this here halo of popularity," Riley said making a circle above her head. "And yay for you two, my best friends, for watching me with a smile. "

"Yeah, I'm smiling, " Maya said.

"I'm watching." I continued waiting for Riley to figure out just what kind of party this was.

"All right, all right. Half hour you can stay. I'm waiting right here." Cory said as she rang the doorbell. He exhaled and turned to us, "I changed my mind. I want you in there. Protect your friend."

"I can't do that, Cory." I said.

"Why not?" he asked annoyed.

"Wasn't invited." Maya explained to the man.

"Why is that exactly? " he asked finally realising that something odd was going on.

"Oh. You're about to find out," I snickered as the door opened.

"Smile. Watch." Maya said turning him toward the open door.

"Greetings, fellow partygoer. " Farkle said to Riley from the door.

"Farkle?" Riley asked confused.

"Starting to become clear, Cory? " I asked holding in my laughter.

"Oh yeah. I'm smiling real big. " Cory started laughing.

"Announcing the arrival of party guest number six, female number one." Farkle told the other nerds at the party.

"I'm a female, Farkle." Smackle claimed standing up.

"You getting this yet?" Maya asked Riley.

"But pretty boy... pretty boy's still here." Riley said pointing to the odd boy in the trench coat.