"Wait," he said, pulling her towards him by her hand, "savo hen (take this)."

She furrowed her eyebrows, a small smile tugging at her lips as she stopped in front of him, arms crossing over her chest.

He let go of her hand and reached inside his shirt, pulling out the necklace she had seen for the first time the night before. Pulling it over his head, he hesitated for a moment, teeth biting into his bottom lip.

"Legolas, you don't need to-"

"No, no. I want to give it to you, I was just wondering how to go about it without sounding like a – I do not even know."

He reached forward with his hand, palm up so that she could better see it.

It was a beautiful ring, masterfully crafted together to look like tiny twigs braided together – with small leaves and pearls fitted to the twigs.

"It's beautiful," she said – "but why-"

"I made this, with help from my father and one of the smiths when I was young."

"You made this?" She looked from the ring in his hand and up to him, an impressed and surprised expression on her face.

He rubbed the back of his neck as a blush adorned his cheeks, making her smile. "Well, I had this reoccurring dream and it inspired me to draw this ring, and then they helped me make it."

"What was the dream about?"

"That is not so important," his blush deepened, "what matters is I told my father, despite thinking he would wave it off as sentimentality as it was not so long since my mother left us – but he didn't, he sat down with me, listen to my dream and then he took me to the smith along with the drawing and we made it. I have carried it with me ever since."

"So why are you giving it to me now?"

"Hebo hen enni (hold onto this for me)? When you get back – and you will get back to me – I will tell you all about it."

Biting her lip she nodded, bowing her head slightly as he slipped the necklace with the ring from around his neck and then slipped it around hers. The silver ring came to rest just above her heart, its form glimmering gently in the light of the rising sun. She fingered it gently, reveling in how beautiful it was before she looked up to meet his eyes again. Reaching up she pressed her lips to his cheek, whispering a soft thank you.

He smiled as she pulled back, linking their arms together and then taking the blankets from her other hand, "come along then, little ork – we must walk back to the camp."

* * *

They reached camp just as the others were waking up, and Arya let go of his hand, stepping over to her pack where she picked up her travel clothes.

"Excuse me, Lady Arya?"

Turning she watched as a elleth stepped up to her with a bundle of clothes in her arms, "Lady Galadriel wished for you to have this, as your own clothes are worn and torn."

Arya nodded her head thanking the female silently as she accepted the clothes. Walking off to a more secluded spot she changed, pulling on the new clothes that were mostly made of some kind of durable leather - excluding the tunic. Even new boots were given to her, and she pulled them on as well, lacing them up tightly. She walked back to the camp quickly, where she disposed of the dress before walking over to the table where the Fellowship was waiting for her to join them.