Chapter 1: Chance with Fate

Harper’s POV

“doo do do dodododododo.” My phone screeches. I groan and check the time. My Iphone 5 glows in my face, causing me to pull my head back. 8:30 AM.

“IT FEEELS LIKE A PURRRRFECT NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT TO DRESS UP LIKE HIP-STERZ.” Alana’s ringtone. “Helllooooo?” I groggily answer

“GURL-FRAYND. COME ON!!! GET DRESSED SO WE CAN GO TO STARBUCKS.”

“what tiiiime?”

“Ummmm… 10 minutes?”

“ Ugh fine.”

“El’s coming too if that’s okay!”

“fine with meeeeee.”

“kbye. Loveeee youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.” She sings.

I press the red “End Call” button.

10 minutes, 10 minutes. You can do this.

I run into my closet and put on my black loose muscle tank with sunflowers, high waisted shorts, black beanie, black hi-tops, and a red flannel jacket.

Now makeup.

I run into my vanity. LITERALLY. I smear on a light BB cream, a light champagne eye, winged eye liner, and some mascara.

Piiiing.

My screen lights up.

Alanaaaa Burrrrton.

“Were here!!”

I liked Eleanor. We are pretty close friends. Shes sweet as a red velvet cupcake, and super pretty. Her boyfriend was THE Louis Tomlinson. He’s part of a band called One Direction. I personally have never met any of them, but they seem like great guys.

I smile and head out the door. Once I see Lani’s  Range Rover I laugh. Shes blasting Little Mix’s Wings. That’s one of my favorites.

“THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESEEEEEEEEEEEEE WIWNGS WERE MADE TO FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.”

“Omg Lani you’re so weird.” I giggle as I get in the back.

“Hey gorgeous!” Eleanor pleasantly smiles.

“Hey El! I haven’t seen you in forevvvs! I missed yall!!!” I say southernly.

Okay I forgot to tell you. Im from South Louisiana. I moved here when I was about 4.

We all jammed to music until we arrived. We decided to go inside and talk.

“grande Strawberries and Crème frapp.” Lani says in a light accent.

Me and El giggle. She was such a little White 4th grader.

“grande Caramel Macchiato with a dash of cinnamon please.” El said.

“ Grande mocha frap with no whip please.” I let out.

After we paid and got our drinks, we sat on a plush couch and talked.

“Sooooo El. Hows Louster???” Alana was so nosy.

Eleanor blushed. “Hes doing great.”

Me and Lani smirked.

Eleanor’s phone beeped.

“Hey its Louis. He wanted to know if you guys would like to come to the boys’ place tonight and watch movies and stuff.”

“No can-do. Got school stuff.” Alana said sadly.

I choked on my drink. I told her of course I’d love too.

I was dying inside.