Questions and Answers

Assalam u alaikum warahamatullahi wabarakatuhu,

Many people had questions regarding Finding You and Dublin Sisters. This section answers all your questions. So here we go...

1. What is the inspiration of Finding You?

Two of my close uncles had passed away in sudden deaths because of wrong addictions leaving behind a wife of barely 40 years old. And both of them had 4 children. It had been devastating for the family worse was for those children. Decades have passed today but the devoid of father remains as the widows of my uncles never remarried. That made me ponder on wrong addictions.

Then living in Ireland, alcohol is a major part of culture. Ireland is known for its Guinness beer which has been mentioned many times where Fahd used to drink. I had never known the stink of beer until I lived here. I have seen countless drunk people here. I have read enough stories of people dying of accidents and what not because of their addiction. This instigated me to write on alcohol as on a daily life I see it a lot. Alhumdulilah, I hardly see Muslims drinking but still I know stories where many do.

As for the concept of two brothers and one woman... I have seen enough movies, dramas and serials in Indian and Pakistani television based on this concept so I wanted to show something similar but as you can see Finding You was completely different to what you may ever see or read. It was completely based on my experiences in life and yes my imagination.

2. Does your husband read your books?

No, he doesn't like most men he isn't fond of reading but I have narrated the plot line of all my books. Some scenes I forced him to read and he has given very very interesting comments.

3. Who in my family reads my books?

Yes, my dear sister who was my first reader, she is only 13 years old and she really encouraged me to write. Then when I went on holiday and met many cousins, my sister promoted my book and told them about it. So many of my young cousins are reading my book.

4. When did you realize you wanted to be an author? Or when did you find a passion of writing?

This I have mentioned in my Scents book, when I had my baby girl I was in need of finances and I had started working as a freelance content writer. But I have always worked on reports based on business, marketing and other subjects. I was bored and nothing was interesting to read. I decided to write a story that I know I would like to read.

Another motivation on wattpad to start writing is that many young writers are unable to depict the married relationship well as they don't have the experience. I being a married woman wanted to show how beautiful this relationship can be and above all show the realistic view of a married life.

5. How about a sequel with Ejaz's story some time in future?

I don't think I can write on Ejaz's story as Finding You was based on present times... writing Ejaz's story will mean going 20 years ahead of time which even I don't know how living style will be then.

6. Describe Ramlah in one word.

Patient – a trait I don't have myself. I am patient as a mother and wife today after years of married life but the torture of what Ramlah went through I don't think I would have been as patient as her.

7. What is my favourite scene in this book?

The scene after the Nikkah of Fadil and Ramlah. It is just so romantic the way Fadil holds Ramlah hand and put on her bangles. A scene I have read so many times. Another scene I am very very happy about is Fahd's death. But why happy? Well when I had thought of the plot I was very worried if I would ever be able to write a death scene and above all a death scene that will move the readers. I know I cried a lot when I wrote that scene and many readers say the same. So I am very happy I was able to write it the way it is.