Chapter 15- Two Roads Two Stories

Start from the beginning

"By the way Mom, this is Bella, my friend, and Bella, this is my mother." I introduced them to one another.

"Hello Mrs. Cullen, it's nice to finally meet you." Bella extended her hand for Esme to shake but my mom has other plans. She hugged Bella the way she hugged me.

"Call me Esme." She said after breaking the embrace.

"Ok, Esme. You have a very beautiful house by the way." Bella replied still shocked from the embrace.

"Why, thank you, Bella." Before anyone could speak again, a graceful little pixie entered the hall.

"Hi, Bella! It's so nice to have you in our home." Alice squealed.

"Uhm... yes, it is nice to be in here." Before anyone tries to talk, I cut in. When I say "anyone", I meant Alice.

"So, Bella and I are going to do our report now. So we'll see you both later." I told them and also reminding them why Bella is here in the first place.

"Oh, right. We forget. Go ahead. I'll be in the garden if you need me." Esme said while doing her escape. Alice winked at me before going back to the living room. I let out a sigh of relief.

"I'm sorry about that. I told you they will attack you."

"It's fine. You have a very beautiful family. They are all very welcoming."

"Maybe too welcoming..." I muttered under my breath. Bella didn't hear me so we went to the stairs and went up to the second floor to the library. The whole way to the library, Bella kept looking all around, completely amazed. When we entered the library, Bella was shocked to see five gigantic bookshelves, all filled with books. I opened the desktop computer at the center of the library and we began to work.

We did nothing in the past two hours but work on our report. We decided to continue the rest tomorrow. Bella was looking at the novel section at the top shelf. She needed to use a ladder just to look at the book. She asked me if she could borrow one and I let her. After a while, we were just laying around, Bella at the sofa and me on the carpet. We talked about random things at first. Then Bella reminded me of the unfinished story about my life.

"So where was I?" I asked.

"You moved to Italy for two years." I was stunned. Bella still remembered my story. I can't help but feel flattered since I know that she was really paying attention.

"Well, when we move to Italy, I appreciated the sites there, especially Rome. We lived in Milan and that's where I learned about the microscope. Then, I moved to Spain..."

"Wait... You're the only one who moved to Spain."

"Yeah, my grandparents at my father's side visited us in Italy. They offered to take me to Spain for four years. I once told my grandparents that I wanted to learn all the European languages so they kind of grant my wish."

"Oh, then your family was left in Italy?"

"They stayed there for two more years then they left to go back to the USA. They went to Alaska where my grandparents in my mother's side live."

"Why did Alice stay with your parents?"

"Well, she doesn't actually like Europe and she wanted to go to America."

"Oh. So, what happened to you in Spain?"

"In Spain, I spent most of my time studying, learning some languages and strolling around. I was so used to the European environment that I actually forgot how to act American. Well, when it was time for me to return to my family, I met up with them at Alaska. Then, after a few days, we moved to Vancouver, Canada. That is where I met Emmett again. We bonded again. He is my best friend and we do a lot of things together. But, that was only for a whole year because Emmett's family moved to Forks. Then after a few years, my Uncle Roger, Emmett's father, called my dad that Forks needs a doctor specializing in surgery. My dad took the opportunity and here we are."