Chapter Thirty One

Start from the beginning

"How do you know that you're her favorite?" Liam asked. He sounded like he just got offended. Well, I guess I did sort of offend him there by saying I was the waitress's favorite. But it's true. I mean, I'm the one with the good looks and a great personality. Insert dashing smile with sparkling white teeth and a wink. "I could be her favorite."

"Uh, no," I said sitting up. "She said my name first when she realized that we were her customers."

"That doesn't mean that you're her favor-" Liam was cut off.

"Do you guys have to argue over something so stupid?" Laura asked. Liam and both looked away from each other, and looked at Laura. "Your girlfriend are sitting right here, you know."

Liam and I both glanced over to Vivian and Charlie. They both had their arms crossed, both giving us death glares.

"Fine," I said with a sigh. "We can ask her when she comes back out who her favorite it is."

"Deal," Liam agreed. We both shook hands.

"Seriously?" Vivian asked. "Like Laura said, you guys are arguing over something stupid. Does it really matter who her favorite is? Liam, you have me to love you. Louis, you have Charlie to love you. End of discussion."

"Bu-" Liam was cut off.

"Viv said end of discussion," Charlie threw Liam a death glare. Liam let out a sigh before leaning back. Laura pulled out her phone and put her head phones in. Vivian began looking at the small booklet of the special things going on for this month. Charlie began making oragami out of her napkin. I looked back over at Liam. He already had his phone out and looked to be scrolling through it. He's probably on twitter. "Do you have a pen?"

"What?" I asked.

"Do you have a pen?" Charlie repeated. I reached into my pockets. All I felt was my phone and my wallet.

"Nope."

Charlie let out a sigh, and then looked over at Vivian.

"Viv, do you have a pen in your purse?"

Vivian stopped looking through the booklet, and picked up her purse that was sitting on the otherside of her. She unzipped it and began looking through. She pulled out a black pen. "Here you go."

"Thanks," Charlie grabbed it from her and began writing on her napkin.

"What are you making?" I asked.

"A fortune teller."

"A what?"

"Lou, are you going deaf?" Charlie laughed as she turned to look at me.

"Well, I am a little bit deaf in my right ear..." I trailed off. Charlie rolled her eyes and continued writing away.

"I'm making a fortune teller. You know, those things that little kids usually make in school and they write fortunes on them?" Charlie said. I shrugged. "Here, I'll show you."

She picked up her napkin and held it out in front of me. It did look sort of like a fortune cookie.

"Pick a number," she smiled.

"Eight," I said.

"One that is on the cookie," Charlie said. "There's one, two, three, or four."

"Fine, three."

She began moving the cookie forward in side ways as she mouthed the letters that spelled the word 'four'. "Pick a color."

"Blue."

She spelled blue. "Pick another color."

"Purple."

She took one of her hands that she had underneath the cookie and opened up the flap that said 'purple'.