25.) Titanic [Epilogue]

Start from the beginning

"This place seems to be abandoned and the door was pretty easy to pick." Jacob informed everyone. I didn't know he could pick locks, but I'm assuming that he was probably taught that in training. "So, why don't we all settle down for a bit, decide who gets what room and then explore the perimeters of the property to see if it's clear of any breaches or anything like that?" Jacob suggested.

We all nod our heads in agreement since the rest of us didn't really know what to do and we started to make our way towards the large wooden front door.

We walked up the stone stairs and up to the door, which Jacob opened, revealing the inside of the mansion.

I stepped inside with Jacob following me and gasped at how large and magnificent the entry way was. It's a large square room and was mostly all a light crème color. The floor was covered with large, multiple feet wide, diamond shaped tiles. There were two gray stone statues that held green leafy plants, obviously fake since this place hasn't been cared for in weeks, which sat in crevices in the wall on either side of the door. There were four large pillars that were spaced out in a rectangular formation, with two being in the front and two in the back, which surrounded a small wooden table with another fake plant on it, with a brown and mocha patterned rug underneath it. Above that, was an oval opening in the ceiling that revealed the second floor, which had a black iron fence wrapped around the top of it.

At the end of the foyer there were two mahogany drawers that each had a mirror with a gold detailed frame around them. In between them was a large painting of a cherry blossom field.

From there, there were two hallways to pick from. You could either go left or right.

"So, how are we going to decide who gets what room?" I ask curiously. I don't want people to be arguing over who gets what room and who gets a room to themselves and all that other nonsense that we don't need right now.

Although I really want the master bedroom cause I bet it's going to be huge!

"Well, since none of us have actually been in this house before it's safe to assume that no one knows where any of the rooms are." Camila pointed out and we all nodded in agreement. "So, how about we all just randomly pick a room?" She suggests. "We'll go on a first come first serve basis."

She's right. It's the only way to pick rooms without there being any bias or arguments over them. If you didn't get to the room that you wanted first, then too bad.

"Sounds good." Agreed Jacob and everyone else seemed to like the idea as well. "On the count of three we'll all try to find a room that we can stay in while we're here." Jacob said. "One... two...three!"

We all sprinted off towards the different hallways.

Me, Jacob, Sarah, Cassie, Joe and Camila all sprinted off towards the right side of the house and everyone else ran off towards the left side of the house. The right side was smaller than the left side, but I had a good feeling that the master bedroom was off towards the smaller end of the house.

I immediately locate the stairs and bound up them, with Jacob following quickly behind me. Everyone else avoided the stairs and continued to run down the long hallway that eventually led to two doors. I'm guessing they figured that one of them lead to the master bedroom.

When I reach the top of the stairs I turn left and notice that there is no door at the end of the hallway. There is only a mahogany table with a gold fancy candle-lamp thing on it and a large oil painting behind it.

But, there is a cutout in the left side of the hallway, which I'm guessing leads to a room.

I make my way over and sure enough, it's a large oak door.