9) I Have To Share A Room With This Strange, Delinquent, Gorgeous Boy? WHY ME!?

Start from the beginning

“That’ll be Luke” I said quietly, reaching for the door handle.

“Ooh, I’m so excited! I can’t wait to meet this guy of yours!” my Mom shrilled happily.

“Please don’t embarrass me” I said.

“Alright. I promise I won’t” she agreed.I opened the door to see Luke standing before me with a bouquet of red roses in his hand and a friendly smile on his face.

“Hi” he said.

“Aww! He is cute!” Mom barged in. I slapped my forehead with the palm of my hand. So much for promising not to embarrass me.

“Mom, this is Luke. Luke, this is my Mom, Helen” I said.

“Pleased to meet you, Mrs. McKenzie” Luke said, shaking my Mother’s hand.

“Please, call me Helen” she said.

“So far so good”

“I can see where Hero gets her good looks from” Luke grinned boyishly, and my Mom melted.

“You are such a gentleman!” she cooed.

“I got you these” Luke handed me the roses.

“Wow, they’re beautiful” I smiled.“Do you want me to find a vase to put them in for you, Hero?” Mom offered “They are awfully pretty”

“Yeah, thanks, Mom” I said.

“So do you wanna get going?” Luke asked.

“Sure” I replied.

“I’ll see you later then” Mom waved, and I returned her wave. I was about to turn and leave when I heard my name being called from just inside the door.

“Hero…”

It was Rocket.

“Yeah?” I poked my head around the doorframe so I was facing him.

He hesitated “Nothing…” he muttered, before walking off upstairs.

“What was that all about?”

“Are you coming or should I just leave you behind?” Luke joked. He was already half way to the car, so I jogged to catch up with him.

“You look beautiful by the way” he noted shyly.

I blushed “Thank you”

Like a true gentleman, he held open the car door for me as I slipped into the passenger seat. We drove into the centre of town and took refuge in the nearest Starbucks. I ordered a Caramel Cream Frappuchino. I know they’re extremely fattening, and contain almost all of your recommended daily calorie intake in just one drink, but I couldn’t resist, they just taste so good. And hey, it’s not every day that you’re on a date with an absolutely stunningly beautiful guy, so I thought I should make the most of it.I reached into my purse for the money to pay for the drink.

“No, Hero, I got it” Luke gave the money to the young female employee, who gave us both a friendly but fake smile

.“Thank you very much” she said in a light, cheerful tone “Wait right here for your order!” she vanished, and I turned to Luke.

“You didn’t have to do that, you know” I said.

“It’s nothing” he shrugged. Approximately eight minutes later, the smiley employee returned with our drinks. We took them and sat at a secluded two-seater table in the corner of the café.

“So, your Mom seemed real nice” Luke started off the conversation.

“Yeah” I agreed “She’s a good person - if not a little over-enthusiastic. I’m sorry if she embarrassed you”