He shrugged his shoulders. "For the time being, at least until after you give birth. We live in a grimy world."

She understood that, and wouldn't argue with it. She simply climbed out of the bed and began doing her morning routine. Her appointment was in an hour and she wanted to make sure that she was ready for it. After her shower, she slid the blue jeans on her body and couldn't help but see Shawn watching her get dressed.

"What?"

Shawn cracked a smile. "You know eventually you're going to have to retire the tight clothing?"

"Well, when eventually comes, then you can scold me. I'm not even showing, yet."

"Actually, you are."

She shot him a mean look. "That's equivalent to calling me fat Shawn Carter. Don't get killed."

Bey finished her outfit off with a white shirt, red blazer, and an animal print scarf to subconsciously cover her stomach. With Shawn saying that she [was] showing, she didn't want anyone else to see her. With her outfit finally finished, Bey walked over to Shawn, who had began getting dressed to start his very own day.

"You're pouting, why?" Shawn questioned and looked down to her. With her heels on, she closed a bit of the significant gap in their height, but he was still taller than her.

"I need your keys." Since arriving to his home a week ago, she hadn't left for any reason. If she needed anything, Shawn made it his mission to go out and get it.

"On the dresser, but only take the keys for whichever one you're getting."

"You're going somewhere?" Bey asked with a slight frown.

Shawn nodded his head. "I have to go meet a friend."

"What friend?"

Shawn looked at her for a moment to see if she were serious about her question. It was then that he realized that they didn't know [that] much about one another. She didn't know his friends, and he really didn't know hers. He knew of Clifford, but she hadn't spoken about him the entire week. "His name is Ty."

Bey nodded her head slowly with a smile. "How long have you known one another?"

"Since we were in elementary school. He's like the only real friend I have. What about you?"

"Kelly. She's been a good friend."

"Your assistant, right?"

"Yeah."

"Does she know about us?" Shawn would have thought that she'd told her everything about him and their relationship.

Beyoncé shook her head. "I mean, she knows the first date, but that's about it. She doesn't really know [who] you are. She doesn't know about the rape or the pregnancy. I technically fired her last week."

Hearing that she fired her last week sent alarms within Shawn. He hadn't known anything about her deciding to close her business. "We'll talk about it when you get back."

Beyoncé nodded her head and left out of the house after getting his keys. Shawn had provided her with a spare key to his home, so that there weren't any problems with her getting inside. On the way there, Bey's nerves began bothering her. She didn't know why she was nervous, but she'd never been pregnant in her entire life. She'd never had a pregnancy scare or anything. Truthfully, she'd always been extremely careful.

Hearing her phone ringing, she frowned and connected it to the truck's Bluetooth to answer it. "You actually know how to return a call?"

"Don't start," Clifford scolded immediately.