Chapter 6: In love with this boy

Start from the beginning

"We found them in district 4. Where we made a research. Our people followed them and we found out that they came to visit their friends –and victors- Finnick and Annie Odair."

Another picture of Finnick, Annie, Peeta and I in the beach.

"As we can see, Annie is going through the last month of her pregnancy and many friends came to see her like Beetee from district 3 –who is now living in district 2 and Johanna Mason from district 7 who is currently living with the two couples in district 4."

While more pictures of us came to the screen I like out a sigh of disbelief. Will we ever be able to do something without everyone following us? I can see that Peeta is thinking the same because he is looking at me with an apologetic look. I give him a sly smile telling him like he doesn't have to worry. It's ok. We both knew that there was no way we could be away from the cameras.

"This keeps happening a lot!" Finnick said and sigh. "The past months- From the day Annie started showing up- we are in the news every day. Caesar called a bunch of times asking for interviews but we refused saying that Annie can't leave the house and I have to be with her..." Finnick explained with his charming self disappearing.

"It's ok Finnick." Peeta started. "Katniss? Are you ok with that?" he turned to me. I let out a deep sigh I don't know how I long I was holding. "Yes. I am fine. Shocked." I say and roll my eyes. We stayed in silence for a little while letting the tv be the only noise in the room. But soon after the phone rang and Annie picked it up.

"Hello?" ... "Fine, you?" ... "Yes. Yes it's true." ... "Ok, uhm... Let me tell her." Annie said and paused to look at me.

"It's for you." She said and hand me the phone. I give her a confused look and place the phone on my ear.

"Hello?" I say unsure of what to wait.

"Katniss?" I hear a familiar voice on the other line.

"Mom?" I ask realizing who the other person was. A mix with feeling hit me. My mom. She came to 4. She couldn't come to 12. She works here equals... she lives here.

"Oh, Katniss. I saw you in the news and I just wanted to talk to you." My mom keeps talking with an apologetic tone. I don't answer. My eyes looking nowhere while I am trying to focus on the voice on my ear.

"Katniss please... I know you are angry at me. But please talk to me." She begs while I still try to focus. My mind is not working properly right now.

"I need to see you Katniss." She continues. I still don't know how to feel. My mom found the courage to talk to me. I am angry because she left me when I needed her the most. But still I couldn't say anything after the other sentence she said:

"Katniss... you are the only one I have..." My heart beats fast. The moments are passing in front of me.

Prim screaming my name.

I scream back at Prim.

Then everything is over.

Prim has become a human torch.

"M-mom..." I find the strength to say. I feel a pair of warm hands on my shoulders and the familiar smell of him waking me up to reality. "We need to talk face-to-face. Not through the phone." I say weakly as I put the puzzle in my head. Maybe seeing my mom isn't a good idea after all.

"Whatever you want Katniss. I want to tell you so many things." She says in one breath. I can feel her voice relaxing a bit after hearing me.

"C-can you come by?" I say looking at Annie and Finnick. They give a nod. Telling me it's fine. Telling me they understand.