II: I Hate Feelings

Start from the beginning

"He better not be, or he can go back to England to his family." She said turning back around to the food that was cooking.

I hear the front door open to the house and see Ricky stroll into the kitchen, "Hey mama Dichen." Then he turns to me and gives me a soft smile, "Hey Alycia, sorry about what Eliza did today, I tried to make her return your glasses sooner, but she wouldn't listen. She's pretty stubborn, especially when she sets her heart on something." He said, giving me a wink.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I gave him a curious eyebrow.

He laughed, "I may only have known her for one day, but she's such an easy tell. She secretly likes you. She got defensive when two of my friends called you a robot and a nerd. And trust me when I say this, my group of friends won't bother you anymore." He sat down by me, setting his book bag on the island and pulling out his books. "Really, Eliza will be your only problem soon."

"She does not like me." I stated simply.

"You're right, what do I know." He smiled softly. Then went to his books. Ricky had the same advanced classes as me, but at different periods, so I figured maybe he had the two books I needed. Before I could ask he spoke, "Just remember what I said."

I nodded before asking him, "Do you have your AP Calc and AP Bio books by any chance?"

"No, I finished the homework for both of those in school. Why?" He was too busy with homework for other classes to look at me.

"I forgot mine at school." I stated quietly so Dichen wouldn't hear.

He dropped his pen on his notebook and looked at me with all seriousness, "You always bring each book home, even when you don't have homework. What really happened Alycia?"

"Eliza took them." I simply stated.

"You're kidding me, A." He looked a little angry. "Glad I got her number." He picked up his phone and started texting. "I'm getting her address and going over there to get your books. I'm sorry Alycia." He sat his phone down and waited patiently.

•^•^•^•

I got up earlier for school today so I can see if Eliza kept her word. She never texted Ricky back yesterday. It kind of worried me for some reason. I couldn't figure out why, but it did. So as I finished drying my hair and brushing my teeth, I snuck into Ricky's room to find his phone. I knew his password, I've seen it plenty of times to remember. I was only going to get Eliza's number, but I didn't want her having mine, so I text her from Ricky's and wait for a reply. Two seconds later I did and I was relieved when it said, I'm ready and I got my car back, but why are you using Ricky's phone? I told her not to worry about it and deleted all of the messages from Eliza. I know Ricky deletes his messages every week, so he may just let it slide. I quickly and quietly sat his phone back down on his nightstand and left his room. I grabbed something quick for breakfast and my book bag. I ate my breakfast as I walked out the front door of my house and to my car. I didn't use my car much, but I needed to get to the school now.

The ride was a short and quiet one, because I never listen to the radio. The music always sucks. It's always techno without any bass drops or anything, just continual electronic noise that isn't even catchy, just plain and dull. Or bands that don't know how to play instruments, let alone sing. What happened to music?

When I parked in the student lot I saw one other car there that looked way different from any car I've seen. It wasn't low to the ground, or as low as cars I've seen. It wasn't as arrow dynamic as cars I've seen. It took gasoline, a well known sign from the exhaust. It was also a bright red color.