"I won't tell anyone Harry." He said sincerely, "I can't believe people would do that to you. Making fun of someone blind, they're going to hell for sure." Harry chuckled slightly. "Your secrets safe with me. And I'll help you as much as I can." He clapped a hand on Harry's shoulder making him smile. He's glad he actually has a friend. "Thanks Liam. You really are an exceptional young man." Liam and Harry laughed at his joking mockery of Principle Myers. "Come on," Liam put his hand back on Harry's back, guiding him down the hallway, "Let's get there before the bell rings." Harry just nodded, hoping Liam saw him do so.

*

The first half of the day went better than Harry expected. His teachers already knew about his condition and with the help of Liam no one else was able to find out. He guesses it was a good thing Principle Myers told Liam, Harry wouldn't have been able to do this without his help. He's also fortunate that people didn't seem to care about the new kid so they didn't feel the need to go out of their way to speak to him. They were friendly though, offering him 'hellos' and 'welcome to the school'. Harry was glad he was finally amongst a nice student body. He still wouldn't risk anyone finding out about his condition though.

"So what's next?" Harry asked, gripping the hem of Liam's shirt to not get separated from him in the crowd. "Lunch is next." Harry sighed in happiness, his stomach practically shouting at him that he was hungry. "You're doing great so far Harry." "Well I think I'm more lucky that no one has asked me to pick up a dropped pencil or anything." Harry smiled at the small chuckle that escaped Liam's lips.

"Harry." Liam stopped him after a moment, "I should probably tell you that I normally eat lunch with my friend Zayn. I um, I don't think I'll be able to hide the blind thing from him. It might be a little harder to keep it from a friend rather than people I don't really know." "So what're-what're you saying?" "I mean, would you care if I told him?" Harry was immediately hesitant. "Liam, I didn't even want you to know." "I know but Zayn is just like me. He won't care and he won't tell anyone I swear."

Harry sighed, running a hand through his curls before saying, "He's the last one right?" "Promise." Liam held up his hand as if swear to a judge but remembered Harry couldn't see him so sighed at his own stupidity before guiding Harry into the cafeteria. They walked a short distance before Liam was guiding him to sit down, a new voice saying happily, "Hia Li. Who's this?" "Hey Zayn." Harry felt Liam sit down next to him, "This is Harry Zayn. He's new and Principle Myers has me showing him around."

"Hi Harry nice to meet you." Zayn held out his hand but just like with Liam, Harry had no idea and just bid him a happy hello. "Zayn," Liam pushed Zayn's hand down, "Harry um, Harry's actually blind." Harry tenses up, ready for the worse but was relieved when Zayn said, "Not going to lie that's actually pretty cool. Can you like hear and smell better?" Harry snorted loudly. Never has he had his blindness be described as 'cool'. "Yeah. I can actually. I know you're having pepperoni pizza and chocolate milk. And you've got some sweets."

Liam and Zayn looked to Harry with their eyebrows raised in surprisement. The pizza and milk was probably easily identifiable but the pieces of chocolate Zayn had were in a half sealed baggie. Harry had smelt them from where he was sitting. "Wow." Was all Zayn said. "And you're wearing a lot of hairspray." Liam spat out his water from laughing so suddenly. "I'm going to like you Harry." Zayn said through his laughter. "Zayn," Liam cleared his throat from laugh so hard, "Harry would prefer to not have everyone know about his blindness so if you could-" "Secret's safe with me. But don't make fun of my hairspray again." "Deal." Harry said quickly with a cheeky smile.

After a moment and few bite of his sandwich later Harry spoke up in Liam's general direction. "So what kinds of things are there to do at this school?" "Well," Zayn said, "There's this Valentine's ball thing but that's not until February." "'Ball'?" Harry questioned. "Yeah. It used to just be a dance but some of the girls kept dressing... promiscuously so they changed it to a formal thing." Harry snorted, "That's a very euphemistic way of saying slutty." Zayn snorted at Harry's bluntness.