It took him two seconds to realize the position he was in, and start blushing.

Chanyeol didn't say anything as he put his arm around Baekhyun. He kindly helped him out of the car and onto his feet. Still holding the smaller close, Chanyeol closed the door behind Baekhyun's back and locked the car, stuffing the car keys back into his pocket.

Baekhyun stood with his eyes half-closed, disoriented. He could feel Chanyeol's eyes glued on him, but his mind was too dizzy to form coherent thoughts or sentences, so he just waited for whatever the taller was going to decide and then would go along with it.

Although he didn't quite expect him to decide giving him a piggy back ride. Chanyeol moved in front of him and bent his knees, looking up at Baekhyun through his shoulder.

"Come on," he encouraged. "I'll carry you to my apartment, Baek."

Usually, Baekhyun would have rejected piggy-back ride offers, because he found those too sappy and really uncomfortable, and in no way they matched his always-self-reliant personality. But now, he was too light-headed, tired and sick, and above everything he just wanted to rest his throbbing head somewhere. Not to mention that this was a chance for him to get closer to Chanyeol again, and there was no way Baekhyun would have passed up an opportunity like that.

So he did get closer after all, and wrapped his arms around the redhead's neck, trying not to make him uncomfortable in any way. Almost instantly, Chanyeol hoisted him up effortlessly, his arms around Baekhyun's legs, and checked if Baekhyun was comfortable before starting to walk. Baekhyun rested his cheek on Chanyeol's back, feeling the taller's pleasant scent fill the air all around him, and soothe him. Baekhyun was still wearing his jacket, and he was also being carried on Chanyeol's back – there was hardly any way he could be any closer to him than he was right now. And Baekhyun thrived in that feeling.

The guard gave them a funny look when Chanyeol greeted him, but Baekhyun was too exhausted to care about other people. He closed his eyes, and nuzzled his nose into Chanyeol's back, hiding his face from everything. Even though he felt Chanyeol's warmth underneath him, it still wasn't enough to take away the shivers, that still ran through his skin.

Opening the door of his apartment, Chanyeol carried Baekhyun inside, and to the familiar living room. Baekhyun's heart ached when he felt the warm scent of Chanyeol's home, and saw the couch, on which just a week ago he was snuggling to Chanyeol's side whilst being so happy. Now, he was happy, too, but it took a lot of pain to get there. It was different.

Chanyeol squatted at the couch, letting Baekhyun get off comfortably, before turning around and looking worriedly into the smaller male's eyes.

"How are you feeling?" he asked gently, brown eyes scanning Baekhyun's sweaty forehead, red cheeks and hazy eyes. "Are you still cold?"

Baekhyun nodded, trying to hold back the shivers.

"I'm cold, and my head hurts a lot," he told him, leaning his back on the soft cushions. "And I can feel my throat swelling, but it's nothing out of the ordinary. I'm always like this when I get a fever."

Chanyeol bit his lip and stood up.

"I'm going to get you medicine and water," he said. "You will need to drink all the water, Baek, whilst I get the bed ready for you. If your fever is really high, you might become dehydrated."

"You sound like you're experienced in healing fevers," Baekhyun opened one eye, suspicious. "Why is that?"

Chanyeol gently draped Jongin's blanket over Baekhyun, and tucked him in so that he would be as covered and warm as possible.